(SOLVED) VooDoo auto-regens too quickly during battle

saintrogers

Sea Legs
I am a lv 25 and I was able to take down a lv 36 boss with my lv 15 doll by running around a circle for five minutes because my voodoo regenerates too quickly during combat. I have never dipped below 30% of my max voodoo capacity before (about 220 at the time). Hopefully this can be addressed because it makes the doll way to OP.

EDIT: Someone else playing with me just confirmed that this bug is not exclusive to me. Random person said he was getting about 6 voodoo per second after the first few seconds of using the doll. Basically unlm voodoo, I dont know if this applies to the staff.

EDIT2: No bug found, original POTCO was the same.

Last edited:
While it does seem surprising that you are able to do what you did, a lvl 36 boss solo is a bit of a reach for a lvl 25 player, 5 minutes per kill is also going to make it not super productive. I’m thinking that of course you can defeat some higher level enemies with doll at very low levels but the time it takes makes it not as OP as it sounds. I don’t think that this is a problem and I don’t think it needs fixing.

While it does seem surprising that you are able to do what you did, a lvl 36 boss solo is a bit of a reach for a lvl 25 player, 5 minutes per kill is also going to make it not super productive. I’m thinking that of course you can defeat some higher level enemies with doll at very low levels but the time it takes makes it not as OP as it sounds. I don’t think that this is a problem and I don’t think it needs fixing.

Maybe it was 10 mins? I just remember doing 50-150 damage per poke and swarm and the boss had 15k health.

Who wouldnt want this bug to be fixed? What is the point of voodoo if it is practically unlimited? I remember in the original POTCO your voodoo would drain so you couldn't just run around in a circle and take 0 damage.

The problem isn't the doll or dps, its the fact that the voodoo is literally unlimited because of a bug
I’m not convinced that there is a bug but it is possible, the swarm and poke attacks were not voodoo intensive in potco either and my recollection is that you could do as you are saying in potco also but I may be mistaken as my memory of potco is fading, what I do remember is that staff was and is much more voodoo intensive and that is where I have had issues with running my voodoo dry, I don’t ever remember dolls exhausting my voodoo.

I’m not convinced that there is a bug but it is possible, the swarm and poke attacks were not voodoo intensive in potco either and my recollection is that you could do as you are saying in potco also but I may be mistaken as my memory of potco is fading, what I do remember is that staff was and is much more voodoo intensive and that is where I have had issues with running my voodoo dry, I don’t ever remember dolls exhausting my voodoo.

I was just watching some old gameplay of POTCO and you seem to be correct. Arguably something should still be done so players at least take some damage, like maybe better AI tracking, but it's not a bug.

My Dolls have never used much Voodoo since skill reloading takes so long that the voodoo regens , Staff on the other hand can eat the voodoo dry ! Current pirate L37 , Doll L 20 / Staff 18 ! I don't see anything out of the normal myself , done too many pirates ! Running In circles can take several mins on 5 foes . I select 1 point on skills for damage !

Doll is not really using that much Voodoo regarding the abilities however if you use the staff it's a different story, you run out of of Voodoo (Hex) and you have to wait for it to recharge so there's no bug involved regarding this topic.

I was just watching some old gameplay of POTCO and you seem to be correct. Arguably something should still be done so players at least take some damage, like maybe better AI tracking, but it's not a bug.
I don’t feel this is an issue. You can get a victory over a high lvl enemy but it is so slow that it will never be an effective way of breaking the game and getting huge rewards. I think it’s just fun for low levels to be capable of defeating a higher level enemy in this manner.

Back