Glitch Some Non-Salty Bug Reports.

TheCoolCon

Honorable Pirate
These reports will be split into three sections: Crucial, Important, and Minor.
Crucial
  • At sea crashes are very common, most notably working a cannon or porting.
  • Abassa is a deathwish, and crashes very often.
  • Very common "district resets" (May not be a glitch. EDIT: seems to happen a lot after the QAR goes down.)
  • Playing with sound on can crash you.
  • Hitting the deck (and not the hull) of a ship does NO damage.
  • The QAR is very hard to actually board. (Attempt: 20. No success. 15 of them were last hit stealers, 4 was it being straight out unboardable, and 1 crash.)
Important
  • The Raven's Cove Story Quest will sometimes bug in Journal.
  • Pressing space before a fish bites while Fishing can make it disappear.
  • Pressing Escape while brewing potions will leave the menu up. Closing the menu properly at this point will just fade to a black screen.
  • Aggro range on ships and enemies are too large.
  • Despite hitting multiple enemies, killing more than one enemy at once with a Blunderbuss will not give ant exp or loot from the other enemies.
Minor
  • Ned will not give totem quest reliably (May be Important)
  • Boarding the Queen Anne relies on last hit. (Same as above, could be important.)
  • When sinking flagships, sometimes the boarding circles will not appear. (Could be important.)
  • Spanish Undead do not need to move to hit you. (Among other enemies.)
  • Sounds can sometimes bug an repeat itself over and over.
  • Cannon Defence is inaccessible. (Most likely not a bug, but still.)
  • Voodoo hand, and voodoo circles glitching. A lot.
  • All cargo stacks, and will not be replaced, allowing infinite cargo storage. (Don't fix this one pls.)
  • Fireworks are very laggy.
  • Some enemies spawn adorably tiny. (For example, Seabeards.)
  • Ships can be launched into each others.
  • Ships clip into one another.
I hope these can be fixed, and I'll add anymore I can stumble across.

Last edited:
  • Spanish Undead do not need to move to hit you. (Among other enemies.)
  • Cannon Defence is inaccessible. (Most likely not a bug, but still.)
  • All cargo stacks, and will not be replaced, allowing infinite cargo storage. (Don't fix this one pls.)
The Spanish and French undead were like this in POTCO. I am not sure if there is a reason for this, but I feel like there is one since they could easily make these enemies work like any other ones.
Cannon Defence was released for a little while, but it was closed down because of the exploits available to those playing the game. It is on their list of things to bring back.
I believe the infinite cargo stacking is supposed to occur, although it is different from POTCO. Also, once you fill up on materials or skull chests you can no longer plunder cargo—so not quite 100% infinite.

This thread lists some of the major things that TLOPO is aware of and working towards fixing/implementing: https://piratesforums.co/threads/tlopo-beta-status-report.22767/

The Spanish and French undead were like this in POTCO. I am not sure if there is a reason for this, but I feel like there is one since they could easily make these enemies work like any other ones.
Cannon Defence was released for a little while, but it was closed down because of the exploits available to those playing the game. It is on their list of things to bring back.
I believe the infinite cargo stacking is supposed to occur, although it is different from POTCO. Also, once you fill up on materials or skull chests you can no longer plunder cargo—so not quite 100% infinite.

This thread lists some of the major things that TLOPO is aware of and working towards fixing/implementing: https://piratesforums.co/threads/tlopo-beta-status-report.22767/
Alright, thanks. I'm testing to find more, but so far, found none besides various crashes.

So far, I've also encountered the bug with Spanish undead not needing to move to attack. Happened on a Spanish war sloop. Also, pretty much all enemies (including ships) have a ridiculously large aggro range. This basically means while singling out an enemy, others that are supposed to be too far away can just run in and turn the area I'm in into a mosh pit. Got moshed to near death by duelists. Only tonics kept me alive. Same with ships as I said, managed to get several glitched together, accidentally firing on each other. Allowed my light sloop to annihilate with broadsides.

Finally, about the aggro ranges, definitely shrink it for the ships. I want to be able to cheese some of the war frigates again. Too fun!

I've also been encountering the bug where when fighting Spanish/French Undead, they don't need to move to be able to attack. Also, I've had enemies from much further away then my target running in to attack me, even though I didn't aggro them myself. These ones must be fixed soon, as they are extremely annoying. Especially me getting stuck in an enemy mosh pit, just cause I went for one that seemed to be by itself.

Just a quick add in on the potions thing, I was brewing potions, and accidentally hit the shift key, which opened a new potions brewing menu while I was brewing a potion. Exited out of that new one to try and get back to the one I was about to finish, and it had frozen. Then tried to exit (both times with the exit button at the bottom of the screen) and the whole screen went black like you mentioned. Could still open the menu to logout though so got back on quick. Just wanted to let you guys know. Thanks for the game guys!

I had a problem where if I pressed escape while in the Potion Brewing mini-game I was left unable to exit. Please make it so the escape key on the keyboard works like the exit button. Would be a quick way out if the exit button suddenly broke.

Back