Spotlight a Savvy Swashbuckler (08/23/12)

jzfredskins

Wiki Staff
It's time again to celebrate one of the finest, bravest, and savviest of all Pirates in the Caribbean. If ye know of such a savvy scoundrel, rascal, or knave, let us know by nominating a Pirate who deserves this highest of recognition: Savviest Swashbuckler in the Caribbean!

From August 22 through September 5, nominate a special Pirate who aids others, shows great bravery, and relies on wily wit in the face of menacing foes, all while keeping to the Pirate Code.
Send us yer nomimations by replying to this News Item using the comment field below only.

When you reply with your nomination, please include the following information:

• Name and Level of the Pirate you are nominating
  • The Guild in which the Pirate is a member
  • Reason why you think the Pirate deserves this honor. We want to hear what makes this Pirate an exceptionally Savvy Swashbuckler!
  • Tell us a tale – how you met this Pirate, or how their deeds demonstrate an exemplary Pirate spirit.
    potc_gencommunity.jpg
    Entries will be accepted only through replies to this News Item, so make sure you send in your nomination by using the comment field below.
    Put the spotlight on a deserving Pirate today!

Ok seriously, what's with these contests?
To be very honest, I never really liked this particular contest because I feel like whoever wins, people will feel bad because they don't have that "spot" as a "Savvy Swashbuckler". Disney needs to point out that in the end we ARE all winners and Savvy Swashbucklers not just one person. Also I agree with the posts above me, what is going on in POTCO's HQ? Why nothing but peddler outfits, redeem codes, and contests? Again I know I have said this before but I could have sworn Pirates Online said we will release content on a daily basis and keep it on test longer. I'm sorry but I'm just very confused as to why it's taking them this long and they have not spoken of any new content coming. :confused: :fight:

I voted for John Foulroberts because he is really the only person who came to my mind at the time. I could probably spam the votes using all the pirate names in the directory as alias's but really there would be no fun in that. I hope someone truly savvy wins.
Aww Lord - that's sweet.

I have yet to think about who I'd like to nominate... Many of you are deserving of this title but only a few will be chosen...

Well i would nominate ME!!!!!!!!! haha i kid i kid... hmm savvy means cheater who does not get caught (a cheater would be a cheater who gets caught) So savviest i would say is all the boosters and people who sit around finding glitches and Bill Belichick of course :)

We can't really get irritated by this contest and say "heyyy another contest and no updates" because this thing comes around every year so you should expect it by now. lol

I think this contest is "meh". I always vote for someone I think truly deserves it and I write a nice little paragraph or two explaining why but that person never wins. I mean come on- there are SO MANY people that play this game. How would it be possible to even get close to winning? I bet that whoever wins this year I will have never heard of before- just like last year. I'm not saying that's a bad thing- I think it's nice for people that are seemingly in the shadows to us to win; but I do wish that someone who a lot of people have heard of because of their kind acts would win for once. ;)

-Also, every year I see more 'campaigning'... :confused:

People thought they knew who the winners were going to be last year too, and Disney surprised everyone by choosing pirates no one knew... So don't bet too much... ;)
I think Disney looks at the votes/entries in a different way. I never vote because I don't pay attention to this stuff much but when last years winners were chosen and the chosen winners were mostly unknown around the forums, seemed like Disney picked their own winners where votes probably counted like 50%. Kind of like they did with the emblems choosing average looking emblems instead of some great looking ones which fit their published criteria even more.

Back