Star Trek: Final Voyages (ST: The Next Generation)

What is your opinion of the story?

• I think it's great!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lame. Totally lame.

• Uh... what is Star Trek again?

• Total voters

Jason O'Connell

Forum Mod
Hey all! This is another fanfiction story I started writing recently. It is loosely based on a Star Trek story I wrote four years ago.

A small backstory to this fanfiction:
It takes place in 2380, just a few weeks after the events of the movie Star Trek Nemesis, in which Commander Data died saving the USS Enterprise and Humanity from Shinzon and the Reman dreadnought, IRW Scimitar. Commander Riker has left to take command of the USS Titan, and Martin Madden has taken his place as first officer. The Enterprise is sent to explore the Denab system, but is unprepared for what they will find there.

Here's the link. Enjoy!

Ch. 1: "Zenith"

Last edited:
Read this one today, I thought it was great, Jason. I like the Next Generation cast, wish there had been a couple more movies.
Yeah, same here. The opening scene of this story is actually a deleted scene from Star Trek Nemesis. I paraphrased it and put it in as the prologue. :)

While I enjoy the both of them, I think I like the Fredricks story a bit more than the NG one ... and not only because I know that I am gloriously Wesley Crusher free in those. Mostly I think you like writing those more, and that always brings something extra to the tale.

Still a very good and enjoyable read though, even with the gaping hole left by the noticeable absence of Mr Data. Perhaps his brother Lore might be a fun addition, if you are continuing the trek?

You are without a doubt the most interesting and engaging writer that I have seen on these Forums, Jason, and I still think you should pursue it in some capacity professionally. Just adding my two Imperial Credits. Thanks, and keep the stories coming...

While I enjoy the both of them, I think I like the Fredricks story a bit more than the NG one ... and not only because I know that I am gloriously Wesley Crusher free in those. Mostly I think you like writing those more, and that always brings something extra to the tale.

Still a very good and enjoyable read though, even with the gaping hole left by the noticeable absence of Mr Data. Perhaps his brother Lore might be a fun addition, if you are continuing the trek?

You are without a doubt the most interesting and engaging writer that I have seen on these Forums, Jason, and I still think you should pursue it in some capacity professionally. Just adding my two Imperial Credits. Thanks, and keep the stories coming...
Well, I have certainly put more time into Federation Legacy than this one, but this story is actually heavily based on my very first fan fiction that I wrote way back in 2010. Here's the link for that one if you're up to it (I cringe a little bit every time I read it, but I keep it to remind me of how far I've come since then): Lego Star Trek.

I'm writing another story arc for this story that will feature Q and the Borg (interesting combo, eh? :D). Also, maybe not Lore, but B-4...

You are without a doubt the most interesting and engaging writer that I have seen on these Forums, Jason, and I still think you should pursue it in some capacity professionally.
Thank you very much! It means a lot. I'm currently taking English 112 in college which is all about research (meh...), and I'm certainly not ruling out the possibility of being a writer (every good main plan needs a backup plan, right?).

Last edited:
For a first stab at writing it isn't too bad, although I was a terrified when I saw "Lego" in the title. I am also not partial to the script form of writing, I prefer it to read more like a novel, but that is just my reading tastes. Q and the Borg should be quite an interesting pair of additions, given the fact that Q tends to talk way too much, and the Borg not at all. Good luck and give me a heads up when it's published.

For a first stab at writing it isn't too bad, although I was a terrified when I saw "Lego" in the title. I am also not partial to the script form of writing, I prefer it to read more like a novel, but that is just my reading tastes. Q and the Borg should be quite an interesting pair of additions, given the fact that Q tends to talk way too much, and the Borg not at all. Good luck and give me a heads up when it's published.
Hahaha, the reason it is Lego is back in 2010, I wanted to make a stop-action Lego "film". That was to be the script for it. I never got around to actually trying to film it though, and I was left with just the "script." I also dislike the script form, which is why I quit writing that way. ^-^

It's probably not gonna be published until around summer, since I'm trying to finish up V1 of Federation Legacy, and I'm also proofreading a friend's story and helping him publish his story. But, as always, you will be the first one I notify when it's published. :)

Last edited:
Back