Loot Stocking Caps

Should stocking caps drop rate be decreased?

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Ally Palmer

Swashbuckler
I've been looting a fair amount lately, and have gotten an obscenely large amount of stocking caps. I feel like the drop rate on these should be reduced and maybe some other clothing item increased. ( Like Cotton Corsets maybe?, those are almost never dropped. ) Thoughts are welcome. Thanks!

Any particular reason for changing the drop rates? I feel that a big part of the game is based on some items being rarer than others, making every item equally rare/common just doesn't work for me.

Any particular reason for changing the drop rates? I feel that a big part of the game is based on some items being rarer than others, making every item equally rare/common just doesn't work for me.
Mainly just the stocking caps, not all items. I just see them far too often in loot.

Mainly just the stocking caps, not all items. I just see them far too often in loot.
For some items to be rare there must be some common items that often drop instead of the rare items. The fact that stocking caps are common seems fine to me. Is there any reason why they should be less common?

Last edited:
For some items to be rare there must be some common items that often drop instead of the rate items. The fact that stocking caps are common seems fine to me. Is there any reason why they should be less common?
The new stocking caps are technically classified as a rare item, yet I see them appear in loot FAR more than other "rare clothing items". So, I guess I'm looking for a more even drop rate among other rare clothing items.

The new stocking caps are technically classified as a rare item, yet I see them appear in loot FAR more than other "rare clothing items". So, I guess I'm looking for a more even drop rate among other rare clothing items.
It is true that some items that are classified as rare drop at a high rate, also true that some famed items are less common than some legendary ones. I don't see that as a big deal, more an endearing quirk of the game. Maybe you just don't like stocking caps? Maybe you would like them if they were rare/hard to find?

I get where you're coming from and agree on some points of Eric. However, I feel the loot ratios are dynamic and followed and tweaked by devs on a ongoing basis. I've been here long enough to see patterns of this type. They may just drop off the edge of the world next week.
Like my first ship did. I've never seen her since. Kraken took her she did.

Back