Question stranded on boarded ship

squintz

Pirate Lord
What can a pirate do when stranded on a boarded pve ship? This has happened every session just about with no solution.
Scenario: capt and I alone board a ship he ordered. capt is knocked down while I finish baddies. I don't have time to revive him and he goes to jail. Now I'm stuck on the boarded ship with no way in game to get back to the first ship. The only way I can get off the ship is to log out. This is absolutely not acceptable. You can be at padres and logging out puts you back to PR, with no record of who you were with, and all loot is lost. The pirate almost never comes back.

This should be rectified in some way. We need to be able to rope back, tp back to that ship, or swim to it.

Is there some way I don't know about to save my progress at that point or get back to the ship I attacked from?

Find someone with Better Note that don't die every time you try to take a flagship Is all I can say !
lol. I do random public so that isn't much of an option. Many ways to get stranded on a boarded ship but tlopo hasn't given us a way back.
I was wondering if anyone knew something or a trick to get off a stranded ship without logging off.
Thanks.

What can a pirate do when stranded on a boarded pve ship? This has happened every session just about with no solution.
Scenario: capt and I alone board a ship he ordered. capt is knocked down while I finish baddies. I don't have time to revive him and he goes to jail. Now I'm stuck on the boarded ship with no way in game to get back to the first ship. The only way I can get off the ship is to log out. This is absolutely not acceptable. You can be at padres and logging out puts you back to PR, with no record of who you were with, and all loot is lost. The pirate almost never comes back.

This should be rectified in some way. We need to be able to rope back, tp back to that ship, or swim to it.

Is there some way I don't know about to save my progress at that point or get back to the ship I attacked from?

Well, remind me never to sail with you! hahaha!
Happens all the time, eh?
Yikes!

Well, remind me never to sail with you! hahaha!
Happens all the time, eh?
Yikes!
Wow, thanks, you totally missed the point. As I've said, it's when I randomly pick a public ship from the automated launch screen. I have no choice whether the capt wants to board or not. And I'm always fighting as I should be. Also, the very first thing I do when the launch sends me to that ship is repair if needed BEFORE even asking to crew. It should also be noted that many times we are acting as a team and 'jail' happens.
I've seen very little inappropriate capt conduct on tlopo and fights on boarded ships just work out that way.

I'd appreciate an answer to my question instead of derogatory 'haha' funny' waste of space comments. A forum is usually about helping others and information, not defending oneself from mindless crass drivel. Obviously I didn't take the last 2 comments as humorous. I'm disappointed as you folks are much better and respected contributors than that.

And I'm not looking for retractions or apologies nor are they warranted. I'm just seeking straight answers.
The previous is already forgotten.

GL.

Has stranding pirates on boarded ships been this way from the start of tlopo? I rarely have boarded but now I'm almost a 40 I stand a decent chance of surviving a fight. But there's a huge very bad flaw in the boarding ship scenario. Without fail anytime I've been alone or with someone and board a ship to plunder, 3 out of 5 times the enemy either doesn't show up or craps out near the end and I do not swing back to my/their ship.
Happens when I'm the last man standing as well.
I think tlopo needs to add a way to get back from being stranded in game without losing everything. Having to log out is NOT a acceptable solution. There should be a way to get off enemy ships no matter how you got stuck there WITHOUT logging out and sacrificing 2 hours of sailing and full cargo's because of a level 10 enemy ship. Apparently this problem has been here forever with no real acknowledgement from the dev's.

Maybe a three key emergency sequence that takes you back to your ship before you grapple the enemy.
Hopefully this is going to be addressed before the beta ends.

Like I said, remind me not to sail with you!
I've never had this happen, seen this happen or heard of this happening beyond this thread.
So, when you see my ship on public, please, don't board!
Now, all joking aside, I'm not seeing anyone else with this unique problem, so I'm wondering if perhaps it's something you're doing to cause this rare phenomena.
I'd send the logs of the game to the devs at support so they can review them and see what's happening.

@squintz ignore him.

You're entirely right. Regardless of how it happens, being forced to essentially restart your session falls in the criteria of a major issue.

The issue here is implementation. If the captain disconnects, who is going to "order the retreat"? You can't say "crew lead" because there can be multiple crews. You can't say "crew leader for the crew that had the captain" because the captain might not have been in one.

Best solution I can think of is a simple timer. If no players have taken damage within a minute or two, everyone gets forced back to the original ship.

I don't have an answer for you squintz.

I like the timer idea...there is already a timer to board the ship...wondering if that can be tweaked so it includes not only boarding but killing the crew in that certain amount of time. If you can't board and kill the enemies in the given time your crew gets sent back to the ship.

This would impact solo players or ships with relatively small crews however. For example when i've solo'd flag ships, when i was lower level, sometimes i would run around for long periods of time using the doll to kill the crew. Now that i have the staff that's no longer an issue.

If implemented, increasing the amount of time on the timer might help this.

Sven

I've never had this happen, seen this happen or heard of this happening beyond this thread.
Now, all joking aside, I'm not seeing anyone else with this unique problem, so I'm wondering if perhaps it's something you're doing to cause this rare phenomena.
I'd send the logs of the game to the devs at support so they can review them and see what's happening.
Nope, not doing a thing wrong.
Come to think of it, I think it was your ship! All the time! You must not like squinty pirates. lol.
Give me a chance Capt. - I'm a great cannon shot.

it happen to me before

@squintz ignore him.

You're entirely right. Regardless of how it happens, being forced to essentially restart your session falls in the criteria of a major issue.

The issue here is implementation. If the captain disconnects, who is going to "order the retreat"? You can't say "crew lead" because there can be multiple crews. You can't say "crew leader for the crew that had the captain" because the captain might not have been in one.

Best solution I can think of is a simple timer. If no players have taken damage within a minute or two, everyone gets forced back to the original ship.
That's an interesting idea. But as we learned these last few days, people don't like things that stop them from doing their own thing. That said, perhaps it could be an actual game mechanics feature where you could drop down a screen like the log out screen, but it has a 'get off the boat' option that could reset you in game back to your ship before you grappled. I think this is something in the game already used in different player initiated events like TP where you change locations or something but every to that point is saved. Tlopo already does it when you are returned to port or jail and your profile is saved from last event or such. It's like saving your snapshots or image of your game at specific points. I don't know how tlopo handles the client side of the game. Well, I don't think I know how they handle the server side of the game. So I'm throwing pizza at the wall to see if something sticks.

Again, I don't feel it should be a timing thing here because people play differently. Could tlopo code something like this? I don't know. Depends on how they write this game. Maybe all that needs to be done is for the dev's to be able to duplicate this problem and see how they can fix it.

I seriously doubt I'm the only one in game that experienced this. The dev's have the records and complaints. If they look at my complaint and say, you are the only one ever to report this, than crashalot has a point. All it takes is more than one member experiencing something to point to the game and not members.

I'll probably be on the ocean shortly, probably padres, but I sure won't be opening my ship to the public or boarding any time soon.

take care.

I got stuck in a pvp loop, dude crashed before pvp sent me alone, I logged off cause I didn't wanna wait the 4 minutes now I can't log in, crash loading at 30% every time, I've messaged the tlopo Facebook with no prevail. Ploxxxx help!¡

@squintz ignore him.

Shows my inexperience with boarding. I only board in PVE flagships. Doesn't the captain automatically go with his crew, all or none?
I have no idea.

I don't have an answer for you squintz.

I like the timer idea...there is already a timer to board the ship...wondering if that can be tweaked so it includes not only boarding but killing the crew in that certain amount of time. If you can't board and kill the enemies in the given time your crew gets sent back to the ship.

This would impact solo players or ships with relatively small crews however. For example when i've solo'd flag ships, when i was lower level, sometimes i would run around for long periods of time using the doll to kill the crew. Now that i have the staff that's no longer an issue.

If implemented, increasing the amount of time on the timer might help this.

Sven
Hmmm. The timer you speak of, the one which is running while you decide what whether to board or not, does that keep going and sink the ship anyways? I never stayed marooned on a ship more than 3 minutes. Wait, that may not be true, as last week I was marooned I spent over 5 minutes throwing grenades at random ships and got bored and logged out. Just another full cargo, no big deal.
Lots of times there's no enemy to kill.

Shows my inexperience with boarding. I only board in PVE flagships. Doesn't the captain automatically go with his crew, all or none?
I have no idea.
There's only PvE boarding. SvS boarding doesn't exist.

And yes, the entire crew goes including the captain. At no point is the ship crew split across two ships.

There's only PvE boarding. SvS boarding doesn't exist.

And yes, the entire crew goes including the captain. At no point is the ship crew split across two ships.
Isn't there a PVP? Or is that used interchangeably with SVS. That would be cool if players could fight on their ships like that. Arena or battleground like.
So basically, there is no timer after you board?

Isn't there a PVP? Or is that used interchangeably with SVS. That would be cool if players could fight on their ships like that. Arena or battleground like.
So basically, there is no timer after you board?
In POTCO/TLOPO, people usually refer to player verse player land battles as PvP, and player verse player sea battles as SvS. Though both are technically PvP by definition, people use these two names to differentiate them.

No there is no timer after you board, that was my personal idea on how to fix the issue you had.

In POTCO/TLOPO, people usually refer to player verse player land battles as PvP, and player verse player sea battles as SvS. Though both are technically PvP by definition, people use these two names to differentiate them.

No there is no timer after you board, that was my personal idea on how to fix the issue you had.
I see. I didn't even know there was pvp on land. Clearly there's a lot I don't know.
I think your timer idea has merit, but I would think there would have to be parameters involved. Like another member said, they ran around with dolls for quite some time and won. So a flat timer just wouldn't seem fair. The timer part would have to be player aware and active aware to check for certain activities and boy, now my head is starting to hurt thinking about this.

Did you board ships in potco and were you or remember anyone being stranded like this? Did potco have a way back after boarding?

I just remembered, there are duels. Is this the land fights?

kill their crew and captain, take the wheel, and look toward the horizon with your new prize.

Back