Question stranded on boarded ship

Happened to Samuel Warwraith and me today. We boarded a ship and took out the enemies. We then stood there and watched while an EITC ship sank Samuel's ship. No more enemies on the ship but it would not kick us back to his ship.

stranded2.jpg
stranded1.jpg

You are supposed to swing back to your ship when you defeat the crew of a flagship, it did work in potco but I’ve never had the “bad luck” to be put in the situation you describe on tlopo. I just don’t get defeated on flagships, lol. I’d say that this is a bug where once the captain has gone to jail you are doomed. In potco you could defeat the crew and swing back without the captain and he/she could then tp back to the ship. You should report it, it sounds easy to repeat so it should be easy for the developers to understand. I also suggest trying to revive the captain at all costs to prevent him/her from going to jail as they won’t be able to tp back once they do and the rest of the crew will be doomed, rofl.

Happened to Samuel Warwraith and me today. We boarded a ship and took out the enemies. We then stood there and watched while an EITC ship sank Samuel's ship. No more enemies on the ship but it would not kick us back to his ship.

View attachment 120162View attachment 120163
Well, that was a dirty trick, however it seems pretty realistic. That's why I think we should be allowed to swim back to our ships.
You be like ..."that's...my...shiiiiip!"

It's been three years and we're still getting marooned. Oh well.
It's beta.

Last edited:
Well, that was a dirty trick, however it seems pretty realistic. That's why I think we should be allowed to swim back to our ships.
You be like...that's...my...shiiiiip! It's been three years and we're still getting marooned. Oh well.
It's beta.
Yes, if you defeat a flagship crew you should swing back to the ship you came from regardless of what has happened to your crew mates. I think this is some kind of bug where you can’t swing back if your ship’s captain has been defeated.

Yes, if you defeat a flagship crew you should swing back to the ship you came from regardless of what has happened to your crew mates. I think this is some kind of bug where you can’t swing back if your ship’s captain has been defeated.
It seems linked to some ownership thing with the captain of the ship and maybe a crew connection. Dunno.

In our case the captain, Samuel Warwraith, was still with me. We just had to stand there and watch his ship sink.

Yes
In our case the captain, Samuel Warwraith, was still with me. We just had to stand there and watch his ship sink.
So you defeated all the enemy crew and all the ppl that swung aboard the flagship were still there on the flagship and no swing back? I remember back in potco that occasionally one or more of the enemy crew would be overboard and we would get our long guns out to try and bring them back or drop them there, that would occasionally doom you if you couldn’t reach them with any weapon. I’ve never seen that in tlopo, not sure what happened to you. Or is it just that if any of your crew are defeated then this bug materializes?

Yes

So you defeated all the enemy crew and all the ppl that swung aboard the flagship were still there on the flagship and no swing back?
That is correct. We were both still there and defeated the enemies in sight. I roamed around the sloop to see if I could find any stuck behind walls or overboard.

That is correct. We were both still there and defeated the enemies in sight. I roamed around the sloop to see if I could find any stuck behind walls or overboard.
There's a known bug/issue with enemies sinking far below the map when attacked/arrrrgo'd.
It's entirely possible there was one or two enemies down in Davey Jones locker swinging away at you 50 yards above. If so, it's not always a sure thing that they resurface. I would submit it's possibly sunken enemies not making it back up. Sometimes, rarely, you can look at the compass map or bigger map and see their red dot leagues away from you and watch them come back.

Actually, you can see this in action anytime when taking out most bosses and watching them spawn back. The idol caves do this quite often.

Smasho is notorious for following through everything right to the trap door. He never gives up.

gl

You’re lucky that your ship sank, when the QAR was out I got my ship stuck forever in battle with the QAR three times and had to wait for the server to reset before it freed up, which took as long as 10 days on a quiet server. You could see my ship grappled to the QAR with no crew and no possibility of winning or losing since neither ship had a crew, lol.

You’re lucky that your ship sank, when the QAR was out I got my ship stuck forever in battle with the QAR three times and had to wait for the server to reset before it freed up, which took as long as 10 days on a quiet server. You could see my ship grappled to the QAR with no crew and no possibility of winning or losing since neither ship had a crew, lol.
Not only have i been stranded on board, but there are times that I grappled and moved almost across the map and the hook was still stuck to the ship I attached. And when I selected board within the time limit, I was given a long long ride to the ships, sometimes on another side of an island. Those were fun times.

solo sailing I crippled and boarded a flagship and no one showed ... I couldn't get back. Logged back in to a sank ship. It does need to be addressed

Just now happened to me as well - Boarded with crewmate, defeated everyone then could not get back to our ship, nor teleport anywhere else. :oops:

Looking like it’s a case of one or more of the flagship crew gone missing, maybe fell through the deck, and so not all the flagship crew can be defeated thus stranding you.

Looking like it’s a case of one or more of the flagship crew gone missing, maybe fell through the deck, and so not all the flagship crew can be defeated thus stranding you.

That's what I thought but if there were they were so far down/off I couldn't "radar" them -- went through looking down and around with rifle, staff, grenade. Nothing to be "locked in on".

Back