Stuck On Loading Screen

barbiecandie

Swashbuckler
I was sailing to Padres and landed on the island, accepted a quest, and got kicked when i left a building. Now every time i go to play on my pirate, its stuck at 100% on the loading screen and not loading the game. I keep exiting out and relogging to see if that would help, but it has not. Ive been stuck like this since last night, around 8pm.
my pirates name is Quinn, lvl 20.
please help, i havent been able to play.

Yep, I have the same issue. I have toggled all the settings and relogged for the past hour and nothing has fixed it. I think the servers are having problems again.

Last edited:
Odd. It's worked for most people

Yeah, not sure what's going on. I was able to play fine before today. When I got on today, I loaded in just fine, but I'd get the loading screen bug whenever I tried to land anywhere. Then it progressed to not loading in at all. Which is weird, because I played 1.1.5 yesterday too and had no issues with the loading screen.

Odd. It's worked for most people

VSync makes the renderer synchronize with your monitor's refresh rate. I, for example, need this option for more graphically intensive games, because I have a gaming GPU, but my monitor is for average use. So I need VSync enabled to make sure the GPU slows down to my monitor's refresh rate.

Normally this shouldn't fix anything.

VSync makes the renderer synchronize with your monitor's refresh rate. I, for example, need this option for more graphically intensive games, because I have a gaming GPU, but my monitor is for average use. So I need VSync enabled to make sure the GPU slows down to my monitor's refresh rate.

Normally this shouldn't fix anything.
I get that, but it was a solution that has worked for everybody up until just now. I get that "it isn't supposed to affect anything" but, who knows? So far except just now it has worked.

I get that, but it was a solution that has worked for everybody up until just now. I get that "it isn't supposed to effect anything" but, who knows? So far except just now it has worked.

It's not this, sometimes I have a lot of crashes per day, other times I crash once in every 10 minutes. It's about being lucky at this point, especially with so many updates you never know when they will fix something, but break 3 more things.

Neither VSync nor changing the priority should fix this. And don't even think about touching the process' page sizes.

It's not this, sometimes I have a lot of crashes per day, other times I crash once in every 10 minutes. It's about being lucky at this point, especially with so many updates you never know when they will fix something, but break 3 more things. Neither VSync nor changing the priority should fix this. And don't even dare touching the process' page sizes.
We are talking about being frozen on the loading screen, not crashes. I couldn't get in no matter what I tried because I was frozen at either 91/96/100%. I kept trying and trying. But, then I was told to turn on VSync and I got in on the very first try. I get that it may not change anything from a technical standpoint or whatever, but not doing anything is going to solve it, so you might as well give it a shot considering it has worked for most people.

We are talking about being frozen on the loading screen, not crashes. I couldn't get in no matter what I tried because I was frozen at either 91/96/100%. I kept trying and trying. But, then I was told to turn on VSync and I got in on the very first try. I get that it may not change anything from a technical standpoint or whatever, but not doing anything is going to solve it, so you might as well give it a shot considering it has worked for most people.

During loading, the game... Well, loads, it extracts resources, fetches data and stores it correspondingly. VSync doesn't even have a place here, it doesn't contribute with anything. I have it enabled, but for an hour of playing, I still managed to crash 5-6 times while playing and probably as much during loading.

People should stop making up random fixes and workarounds. Just because you pressed a button and the game didn't crash/freeze that doesn't mean you found a fix, it means it's a coincidence.

I get it, people are trying to help, but I am also trying to help by explaining why these "fixes" don't work, because everyone blindly follows instructions for something they don't understand, which may only cause more trouble. Sure, VSync isn't that harmful, but changing important OS default settings is. Someone will show up with another made up fix that may be even more harmful than that. (Who knows)

So yeah, I disagree, doing nothing (but reporting) is better than changing settings you aren't aware of what they do.

During loading, the game... Well, loads, it extracts resources, fetches data and stores it correspondingly. VSync doesn't even have a place here, it doesn't contribute with anything. I have it enabled, but for an hour of playing, I still managed to crash 5-6 times while playing and probably as much during loading.

People should stop making up random fixes and workarounds. Just because you pressed a button and the game didn't crash/freeze that doesn't mean you found a fix, it means it's a coincidence.

I get it, people are trying to help, but I am also trying to help by explaining why these "fixes" don't work, because everyone blindly follows instructions for something they don't understand, which may only cause more trouble. Sure, VSync isn't that harmful, but changing important OS default settings is. Someone will show up with another made up fix that may be even more harmful than that. (Who knows)

So yeah, I disagree, doing nothing (but reporting) is better than changing settings you know nothing about.
It isn't a workaround I came up with. I got it from Support people replying to others issues. Also, I have never once said it would help crashing. I said it would help bypass the loading screen. Sorry that this has got you all riled up that some guy who knows nothing about tech is trying to help. But instead of discrediting what I have said, since you are so good with this technology stuff, maybe you have a solution?

It isn't a workaround I came up with. I got it from Support people replying to others issues. Also, I have never once said it would help crashing. I said it would help bypass the loading screen. Sorry that this has got you all riled up that some guy who knows nothing about tech is trying to help. But instead of discrediting what I have said, since you are so good with this technology stuff, maybe you have a solution?

Since I don't have access to the source code, my only solution is to wait.
This is programming, not magic. You can't sit down and think "hey, I'm going to change the desktop resolution, that way, the game will stop accessing invalid memory blocks".
No correlation between both. These are the "fixes" I've seen so far.

Since I don't have access to the source code, my only solution is to wait.
This is programming, not magic. You can't sit down and think "hey, I'm going to change the desktop resolution, that way, the game will stop accessing invalid memory blocks".
No correlation between both. These are the "fixes" I've seen so far.
Well, once again we are back to here. I didn't just sit around and come up with this. I got this from staff members who MOST LIKELY got word from developers who... guess what? they do have the source. And considering that fact it has now helped 11/12 people I don't think it is a mere conincidence. Now you can reply with whatever but I'm not going to turn this thread into a mile of chat between two people arguing. Some may have solutions so don't want them to get hidden by all this.

VSync should be on, by default. Why you would want to force a higher framerate than your monitor can handle is beyond me. The way graphics engines work, a hiccough is the framerate could cause the loading screen to fail to update, which might cause a miscalculation. And even if it isn't that, this temporary suggestion is still a good one to try (given it has worked for many others). That being said, the development team when I was on it was rigorous in ensuring they stepped through every inch of code to ensure the proper solution was found. Of course they are working on it, and of course they will try their best to find the issue. The negative attitude is not helping. It also doesn't make anyone feel good, so I really feel you don't need to pass on those negative thoughts you have to others. If you have a negative thought (like your sarcasm in which you use the word fixes in quotations), it is simply not appreciated by most of the members of this community. So try your best to hold your tongue and keep the environment positive.

Christopher.

If your monitor can handle it, then let it do it. However mine is for average use and whether I like it or not, I have to enable VSync.

That being said - monitor can't handle your GPU? - Enable VSync.
You have a gaming monitor that can handle your GPU? - You can safely not use it.

At this sense I agree it could fix crashes, just as much as I would agree it couldn't fix crashes.
For me, VSync wasn't enabled by default, so I played couple of days thinking it was on. The crashes and freezes are just about the same. The only difference is placebo.

Sorry if I sound rude, I'm not a native speaker and I still don't have sense for when I sound rude or informative.

I was sailing to Padres and landed on the island, accepted a quest, and got kicked when i left a building. Now every time i go to play on my pirate, its stuck at 100% on the loading screen and not loading the game. I keep exiting out and relogging to see if that would help, but it has not. Ive been stuck like this since last night, around 8pm.
my pirates name is Quinn, lvl 20.
please help, i havent been able to play.
I'm not alone!
I've actually had the same exact issue. Some bright ship captain decided it would be a smart idea to dock at Padres. I crashed upon docking, what typically happens right now. I then proceeded to try to log in again, getting stuck in the 90's. Eventually I succeeded, but accidentally hopped on a ship with the guy again, crashed, and haven't been able to get on since. Thanks to the help of some mods (MMDR and RoseFox) they were able to get my character to Port Royal (it was visible to others ingame, I couldn't play), but that didn't fix it. From what I've heard in the IRC, might be an issue with inventory or something. Definitely character based, though, another character of mine could load Port Royal just fine.

I tried to see if updates would maybe fix it, but with 1.1.7 it is still stuck on the loading screen. I've emailed support and I'll post updates here for the rest of you in this glitch.

If your monitor can handle it, then let it do it. However mine is for average use and whether I like it or not, I have to enable VSync.

That being said - monitor can't handle your GPU? - Enable VSync.
You have a gaming monitor that can handle your GPU? - You can safely not use it.

At this sense I agree it could fix crashes, just as much as I would agree it couldn't fix crashes.
For me, VSync wasn't enabled by default, so I played couple of days thinking it was on. The crashes and freezes are just about the same. The only difference is placebo.

Sorry if I sound rude, I'm not a native speaker and I still don't have sense for when I sound rude or informative.
You know software and the PC is a big "soup" and from a programming technical point of view everything should be logical and predictable, which largely it is but with all these things crossing over it seems the whole thing becomes far more organic than it should be.(Or at least seems that way it's not always easy to take everything into account)

I don't know much about computers or programming but a couple of my friends are computer administrators and some of the ways I've fixed issues on my PC or some of the issues I've had over the years make absolutely no sense to them! They have had no explanation or suggestions but still these events and outcomes have happened.:eek:
:pirate ship:

Last edited:
I got an email back from support. Unfortunately they don't have a workaround to get us out of this bug, so we're stuck until they find and fix the problem with an update. Creating a new pirate is always another option I guess.

Back