Question Sudden Internet Problems

Drew

Honorable Pirate
So, this thread doesn't have anything to do with TLOPO, but I was wondering if you guys could help me out. Just recently my internet kind of just pooped out on me. I can load simple pages like google alright but web pages like the forums suddenly take forever to load. I can't even talk in the IRC chat. And when I tried playing COD it wouldn't let me connect and when I tried playing LoL I connected for a minute with 400 ping and then it kicked me......Usually I have 50-60 ping. I have no idea where this came from and I'm not so sure what to do. Thanks in advance.

if it's a ping problem, downloads/videos (netflix, hulu) can really wreck ping. someone else may also be using your internet, kinda unlikely, but it's worth trying to change your password

if it's a ping problem, downloads/videos (netflix, hulu) can really wreck ping. someone else may also be using your internet, kinda unlikely, but it's worth trying to change your password
I changed it about a month ago to a bunch of random letters and numbers....i might do that again though. I might call my isp here shortly.

This is a fine place to ask about it! I recommend calling the ISP and then letting us know what happened. :)

Chris

So. I have no idea what happened but its back to normal now. I didn't even call them its like someone flipped a magic switch

might have been a problem with like high packet loss then? You said it was just a ping problem, download and upload were fine?
Yeah ignore that last reply. It's doing it again... it's all 3 that are bad. My ping goes up to 250+ and my download speed drops to 0.10 or lower

Yeah ignore that last reply. It's doing it again... it's all 3 that are bad. My ping goes up to 250+ and my download speed drops to 0.10 or lower
Have you tried connecting to a vpn to see if you're being throttled? That still can happen unfortunately -_-
Is it doing it on all devices or just on that pc?

Back