Idea Sword of Triton Upgrade Quest

Beggar

Pirate Master
The Sword of Triton has more lore behind it than any other weapon featured in The Legend of Pirates Online. According to the Pirates of the Carribean wiki:

"...this infamous blade was forged by the sea deity Tritonhimself in the lost city of Atlantis. One of the three sapphires of Triton was embedded in this sword, granting the sword its power to bring dead matter to life. This power was used on everything associated with ships at sea, including their rigging and sails, and move according to the will of whomever wielded it. Anyone brandishing the sword would rule the ship, controlling the vessel to do his indomitable will."
Yet, the sword as it appears in TLOPO is pretty lame. It carries a measly 36 attack, hurricane slash, and the unique but modestly powerful Triton's Vengeance ability.

Some players have speculated that the POTCO's original developers had plans to include an upgrade to the sword which were never realized due to the game's untimely closing. This opens up an opportunity for TLOPO's own developers to do what Disney was never able to, and incorporate a simple quest to give the sword the upgrade it deserves.

I suggest that this quest use the same mechanism as the new items featured in the Hallowed Woods update. The quest could go like this:
  1. A new NPC character is added to the game - perhaps even a member of Blackbeard's crew. This NPC seeks revenge on Jolly Roger for claiming the Queen Anne's Revenge as his own, and enlists your help in recovering it.
  2. To prove that you've recaptured the Revenge, you must recover the Sword of Triton by boarding the flagship and defeating its Jumbee crew.
  3. You must also recover a small number of jewels that were once embedded on the hilt of the Sword of Triton, which gave it its incredible power. Recovery for these jewels would work similarly to the way Haunted Bones were looted. Perhaps they could be looted from skeleton enemies. The process of finding these jewels ought to be fairly difficult, but not so difficult that a player could not expect to find them all after a reasonable period of time.
  4. Upon recovery of the sword and the jewels, you return to the member of Blackbeard's crew to complete the quest. As a reward for recapturing the Revenge and enacting vengeance on Jolly Roger, the NPC takes the jewels and the sword, reaffixes the jewels to the sword's hilt, and returns to you the True Sword of Triton. The upgraded sword would boast immense power much more befitting of the legendary blade (though for obvious reasons, the player can't telekinetically control ships with it).
The stats of the new sword are up in the air and depend on whatever the developers think is appropriate, but this is my suggestion:
True Sword of Triton
Legendary Broadsword
Attack: 95
Hurricane Slash rank 3
Triton's Vengeance rank 3​

I also would add some visual detail to it to separate it from the rare version of the sword, like a uniquely colored trail.

Let me know what you think of the idea. As it stands, I don't think it's thematically appropriate for this sword to be so pathetic. Of course, anything done with the Sword of Triton is pending a patch to the bug currently affecting the boarding process of the Queen Anne's Revenge.

Last edited:
The Sword of Triton has more lore behind it than any other weapon featured in The Legend of Pirates Online. According to the Pirates of the Carribean wiki:

"...this infamous blade was forged by the sea deity Tritonhimself in the lost city of Atlantis. One of the three sapphires of Triton was embedded in this sword, granting the sword its power to bring dead matter to life. This power was used on everything associated with ships at sea, including their rigging and sails, and move according to the will of whomever wielded it. Anyone brandishing the sword would rule the ship, controlling the vessel to do his indomitable will."
Yet, the sword as it appears in TLOPO is pretty lame. It carries a measly 36 attack, hurricane slash, and the unique but modestly powerful Triton's Vengeance ability.

Some players have speculated that the POTCO's original developers had plans to include an upgrade to the sword which were never realized due to the game's untimely closing. This opens up an opportunity for TLOPO's own developers to do what Disney was never able to, and incorporate a simple quest to give the sword the upgrade it deserves.

I suggest that this quest use the same mechanism as the new items featured in the Hallowed Woods update. The quest could go like this:
  1. A new NPC character is added to the game - perhaps even a member of Blackbeard's crew. This NPC seeks revenge on Jolly Roger for claiming the Queen Anne's Revenge as his own, and enlists your help in recovering it.
  2. To prove that you've recaptured the Revenge, you must recover the Sword of Triton by boarding the flagship and defeating its Jumbee crew.
  3. You must also recover a small number of jewels that were once embedded on the hilt of the Sword of Triton, which gave it its incredible power. Recovery for these jewels would work similarly to the way Haunted Bones were looted. Perhaps they could be looted from skeleton enemies. The process of finding these jewels ought to be fairly difficult, but not so difficult that a player could not expect to find them all after a reasonable period of time.
  4. Upon recovery of the sword and the jewels, you return to the member of Blackbeard's crew to complete the quest. As a reward for recapturing the Revenge and enacting vengeance on Jolly Roger, the NPC takes the jewels and the sword, reaffixes the jewels to the sword's hilt, and returns to you the True Sword of Triton. The upgraded sword would boast immense power much more befitting of the legendary blade (though for obvious reasons, the player can't telekinetically control ships with it).
The stats of the new sword are up in the air and depend on whatever the developers think is appropriate, but this is my suggestion:
True Sword of Triton
Legendary Broadsword
Attack: 95
Hurricane Slash rank 3
Triton's Vengeance rank 3​

I also would add some visual detail to it to separate it from the rare version of the sword, like a uniquely colored trail.

Let me know what you think of the idea. As it stands, I don't think it's thematically appropriate for this sword to be so pathetic. Of course, anything done with the Sword of Triton is pending a patch to the bug currently affecting the boarding process of the Queen Anne's Revenge.
very nice mate

Back