SWTOR Question Thread

Hi guys!

So I've basically created this thread for any players who are new to SWTOR or are thinking of joining.

There are quite a few veteran SWTOR players on the forums already (including myself), so I thought it'd be a good idea to create a place where you can ask any question you have about the game.

Pretty much anything goes. Feel free to ask anything from game play to graphics. :)

I can also post details on where POTCO players have migrated to (server info and stuff) if anyone's interested. :)

Last edited:
@Johnny Sea Slasher - How much does the game cost?
Sorry, about to take that question @Johnny Sea Slasher :p
The game itself is free. However, if you want full access to certain things, it requires a subscription. At most, its $15 a month for the subscription, but there is much more content. There is also "special" content that can be bought with premium game currency cartel coins, which is either granted from select things or bought with money. Also, if you like quick downloads, there is a download disc for the game. It is $15 and cuts the download time down to a fraction of what it would be. In addition, you get a code you may use to redeem for a free 30 days of subscription. I bought the download disc myself when I started swtor.

@Johnny Sea Slasher - How much does the game cost?

The game itself is free, much like the way POTCO is free, but with some restrictions. To see full restrictions, click here. Instead of two tiers like POTCO, there are three. Free-To-Play, where you haven't payed anything. Preferred, where you've payed 5 dollars or more on various game add-ons or in-game currencies.. If you were a subscriber and canceled your membership, you also revert to preferred access. Subscribers get full access to the game, a free expansion pack which boosts the level cap to 55, and 500 free cartel coins per month. Also, it is important to note that any restrictions that F2P players have can be removed via unlocks sold by other players for in-game money on game's auction house (think virtual e-bay).

Also, at stores they sell SWTOR for 15 dollars. In reality, its the game, free as it is online, but with a 1 month subscription tagged on.

SWTOR is technically free to play, but if you want to play it for realz, then you will have to pay a bunch.

You will at least want to be able to equip purple items (costs around 15$) and maybe get some more inventory space (around 15$).

While yes, you can buy specific unlocks for real money, you can also do so in the player-run auction house, for in-game money acquired through quests and the like.

Back