Suggestion Tag Staff Groups

Divine

Pirate Lord
This is a feature I was thinking about that can be useful for efficiency purposes!

Typing @Mods will notify all moderators
Typing @Support will notify all support team members
Typing @Admins will notify all admins
Typing @Wiki will notify all wiki staff
Typing @Devs will notify all developers

// I guess @Greeters could be a thing, but meh

I've recently thought that it may be nice to have a "@moderators" tag, but then I gave it careful consideration before asking the boss about it.

I think that people would misuse and abuse the tag, and then the mods would all have a million more alerts than we need. For that reason, I'd say it is not a good idea.

With near 10,000 forum members, if everyone starting spamming a mod tag, we wouldn't be able to get through our alerts to see what's truly important.

Our current manner of getting to our moderator duties I think is very efficient.
If people really need to tag any of us, they can do so individually or send a PM.

Now on the other hand, maybe a @Members tag would be good, to alert folks to read Rules ;)

I've recently thought that it may be nice to have a "@moderators" tag, but then I gave it careful consideration before asking the boss about it.

I think that people would misuse and abuse the tag, and then the mods would all have a million more alerts than we need. For that reason, I'd say it is not a good idea.

With near 10,000 forum members, if everyone starting spamming a mod tag, we wouldn't be able to get through our alerts to see what's truly important.

Our current manner of getting to our moderator duties I think is very efficient.
If people really need to tag any of us, they can do so individually or send a PM.

Now on the other hand, maybe a @Members tag would be good, to alert folks to read Rules ;)
The members tag would work, I was just thinking about how discord worked, with the @everyone, etc.

Back