Tales of Mist

Are you interested in this project?

• Yes.

• No.

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi mate!

Disclaimer: anything posted on this thread and forums is unofficial
and shall not be used as representation of Idris studio.
Any given information might be invalid or untrue. You are not allowed to
redistribute or use any of this content.

I opened this thread to announce current state regarding new game in development.
As some of you may know, I was the first one to begin with remaking PotCo,
CPO - Caribbean Pirates Online was supposed to be either emulator or remake,
however Disney has good lawyers and we didn't wanted to end up in court room.

It was planed to take a new strategy and develop game that will be 30% different
from PotCo in every single segment and therefore avoid copyright infringement.
We did started with that approach back when PotCo closed in 2013 however our
path changed with time. Today I must announce our new path and last
change we are ever going to make.

First, project is renamed to 'Tales of Mist online'
Second, and most important change: project is not and will not be associated,
connected our use any content, both visual and physical as in source or models from the PotCo.

This project will be a completely new game.
We all remember how Poths ended. We all learned a lot on their example.
We do not plan to community found this like they did.
We don't ask you for any help whatsoever. This is only informative thread to update you with latest news.

We are using custom, modified game engine and in-house built tools.
So far we created / purchased more than 15.000 assets (3D models excluding textures, scripts and sound).
( We hire freelancers so if you are good at modeling you might catch spot someday.)

Project is healthy and growing. I decided to post here on my own initiative as
I want to get closer to community, so good ideas might be accepted but the thread itself is not official representation of Idris studio on this forums.

Regards, Tom.

----
Please keep discussion respective and post only if you have valid arguments and or questions.

edit: updated thread

XDMY20.png

Last edited:
So it is with reason very clear why POTCO cannot go on any longer but in regard to the new upcoming game I would like to know if their will be a similar style of game play and will it be associated with vessels which i'm taking it will but alas need me confirmation if so that would be amazing mostly anticipating that the ship/vessel system be parallel if not better to the POTCO way. Good Luck. Plunder! #Passion #Success #Fun #Happiness #$

So it is with reason very clear why POTCO cannot go on any longer but in regard to the new upcoming game I would like to know if their will be a similar style of game play and will it be associated with vessels which i'm taking it will but alas need me confirmation if so that would be amazing mostly anticipating that the ship/vessel system be parallel if not better to the POTCO way. Good Luck. Plunder! #Passion #Success #Fun #Happiness #$

Game is intended to be similar to POTCO as much as possible. At least that's what I am trying to achieve.
We do plan to *extend* game with more features, however storyline will be rather poor, as we can't
voice act many people, and hiring people to voice act is quite expensive comparing to other game assets.

Thanks for nice reply, and welcome to the forums!

Though I have a drive to lend aid to your project, I'm having some wild communications issues and I must sadly cast my vote as the dreaded 'No.'

Good luck to thee, nonetheless good sir! May the winds be ever in your favor in these dark waters.

If you consider that I am (we are) working on this since POTCO closed, providing you only few small insights since then, I don't think lack of reports make situation look grave, we simply just don't want to announce anything official. For now.
We are progressing nicely so no need don't worry.
As I have other things and can't dedicate my full time to this project I decided to hire few developers. They are doing great job.

And for end is this report good for you? (law enforces us to make them however info they contain is not official and is prohibited to use by third parties) :)

Game is intended to be similar to POTCO as much as possible. At least that's what I am trying to achieve.
We do plan to *extend* game with more features, however storyline will be rather poor, as we can't
voice act many people, and hiring people to voice act is quite expensive comparing to other game assets.

Thanks for nice reply, and welcome to the forums!

Why Not Let Some Dear Old Players Do Voice Overs. I have A Great Mic And I Can Edit it Piraty For Yah!

Forums posts written back-to-back are NO longer automatically merged together. *Therefore, members are encouraged to edit a prior post so that such "double-posting" will not occur. Thank You.
I just want my old Game Back haha

If you want i can make a YT channel about this game and if you give me like some foto's for previews and all that i can keep the audience and players up2date, I would love to do that :D

Myst, I'll do voice acting, however.... ignore my avatar im a boy, its just for fun xD I'll do it for free... and wont be crap quality, just send me the lines and I'll work my voicebox around them :)

Sounds awesome, this could be solution! I wont request any at the moment as we don't have specific story, we want to get game up and running before. Thanks mate, I am glad that I can count on community ^^

I just want my old Game Back haha
Please do not double-post. :) Back-to-back posts are no longer merged together now automatically as they once were. Therefore, forums members are encouraged to EDIT their initial post if the desire is to add further discussion to a above post which is their own. Thank You.

You should add new races like on wow. And I liked that old body type they use to have remember? The one that was really buff. Think that could go in the new game?

Back