Tales of the Caribbean Online (TOTCO) pushed back~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they been downloaded by clients that have TLOPO? Or just streamed though? Your answer isn't quite clear, Drew so it is difficult to understand the context of all this. Just asking for clarification :)
Those streams are from developers streaming on the dev server. Several of them show enemies which means that they do in fact, have them.

Those streams are from developers streaming on the dev server. Several of them show enemies which means that they do in fact, have them.
That doesn't quite answer my question. I am asking plainly and simply, people with keys, have they downloaded elements for things like enemies despite the server for those with keys-not the developer one-not having many of the features being claimed within here.

None of this conversation relates to the original topic.

This source is a stolen source. The lead of the project has even admitted to stealing our world data files, which were highly created and edited by us. I would like to request closing of this thread due to illegal activity demonstrated within it. @John Foulroberts

Christopher

Technically, you are using the POTCO source code without any real legal permission #doublestandards

None of this conversation relates to the original topic.

This source is a stolen source. The lead of the project has even admitted to stealing our world data files, which were highly created and edited by us. I would like to request closing of this thread due to illegal activity demonstrated within it. @John Foulroberts

Christopher
To appease the developers of TLOPO I have dropped the world files from TLOPO and reverted back to the ones from POTCS. Honesty I don't understand why you guys are making a big deal out of those. Its the same exact ones available in the public repository POTCS and now TOTCO are based on minus a few floating npcs that exist in yours. Plus its illegal for you as well. The files are technically the intellectual property of Disney Interactive.

I have just been informed of information I was not aware of by my team. I formally explained it to Wass in a private message but I will say this publicly. I'm sorry to everyone at the TLOPO staff. I'm sure you will hear from Wass but I promise to correct the situation.

Last edited:
I can say I'm backing down from TOTCO. Whatever happens with whoever remains happens. Between my Autism causing me stress and the constant hounding from TLOPO i'm going to end up back in the ER from my heart problems. Best to luck to whoever remains and I'm sorry TLOPO for the problems I may have caused.

- Jordan

Technically, you are using the POTCO source code without any real legal permission #doublestandards
Here is the difference between the use of Disney's source and TLOPO's source:

Directly in the contract between us and Disney, Disney states that if either party (the user or Disney) backs out of the terms, they are void. So our use of their code is now not against any terms of service they originally procured. As well, Disney has decided not to take action against us.

Now let's look at our source, and the predicament with others stealing it. We clearly state in our terms that one should not steal it, and have on numerous occasions taken action against such individuals. There is a clear legal difference in these situations, and we are certainly not holding "double standards".

I can say I'm backing down from TOTCO. Whatever happens with whoever remains happens. Between my Autism causing me stress and the constant hounding from TLOPO i'm going to end up back in the ER from my heart problems. Best to luck to whoever remains and I'm sorry TLOPO for the problems I may have caused.

- Jordan

I'm not sure who on our staff was hounding you, personally, but if you feel attacked in any way by us I am thankful to you for being resilient to it. No one deserves to have personal stress or anguish over a video game. I offer my condolences for your project, and wish that in the future you have better luck with your projects and do not need to resort to taking others hard work to claim as your own.

Christopher.

Here is the difference between the use of Disney's source and TLOPO's source:

Directly in the contract between us and Disney, Disney states that if either party (the user or Disney) backs out of the terms, they are void. So our use of their code is now not against any terms of service they originally procured. As well, Disney has decided not to take action against us.

Now let's look at our source, and the predicament with others stealing it. We clearly state in our terms that one should not steal it, and have on numerous occasions taken action against such individuals. There is a clear legal difference in these situations, and we are certainly not holding "double standards".

I'm not sure who on our staff was hounding you, personally, but if you feel attacked in any way by us I am thankful to you for being resilient to it. No one deserves to have personal stress or anguish over a video game. I offer my condolences for your project, and wish that in the future you have better luck with your projects and do not need to resort to taking others hard work to claim as your own.

Christopher.
Its none of my business but I have worked on remakes for other games in the past. Even if Disney doesn't decide to take action its still their intellectual property unless over 25% of the code differs from theirs. This includes client side code. The models and textures are also their property. Now that being said legally you have no right to do anything if someone tries to take it. Its not your property to begin with. However I will say it doesn't mean they have the right to take it either. Its still your hard work.

Its none of my business but I have worked on remakes for other games in the past. Even if Disney doesn't decide to take action its still their intellectual property unless over 25% of the code differs from theirs. This includes client side code. The models and textures are also their property. Now that being said legally you have no right to do anything if someone tries to take it. Its not your property to begin with.
We never claimed ownership on the client-side part of the game (unless it's a part we've explicitly created).

We have the exclusive right to all of the server code because TLOPO wrote it. I suggest you read up on copyright laws before making claims that we do not have the legal right to do anything with the code TLOPO has written.

(I'm not replying anymore on this considering it's getting heavily off topic and I'm not looking to cause trouble. Just protecting our legal rights)

I have made a decision. I want to go back to working on the original POTCS and doing it my way. Without help and people putting in stolen code without me knowing. However this time to let people see that I have no intention of stealing anything i'm going to have my development be public. You can find the code from the original POTCS project and future updates here https://github.com/PiratesOnlineSource/Pirates-Online-Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back