The Battle of Padres Del Fuego [Part 1]

pogoemt

Pirate Apprentice
Note from the author:
Thank you for taking the time to read this, this is the first narrative I have written in a long time so I really don't know if this is good or 5th grade level work.
This is an original work by myself (pogoemt), inspired from wiki information, YouTube videos and my own personal experience. I appreciate any and all feedback, I intend to write this in 2-3 parts with part 2 being an account of the battle and possibly part 3? being an account of the events post-battle either closing plot lines or leaving doors open to more stories depending on how this is recieved.

It was a gloomy evening in the Caribbean, and all of the true code-following Pirates could sense something was afoot. Something called out to them in the distance, beckoning to them, like a child’s cry for its mother in the night.

But this call was more desperate, one that caused each pirate’s heart to sink, only to rise up again with sheer determination.

And so the pirates answered this instinctive call, and descended upon Padres Del Fuego. First it were the greenest pirates, with their gray names and light galleons, packed to the brim with basic wooden cargo boxes. Then as time passed, the mightier pirates, some rumored to be guild leaders and lords with their warships teeming with cargo and crew to boot. The harbor was soon full of every type of ship shape and size imaginable.

The elder pirates gathered in the tavern to discuss why they all had suddenly been urged to come to Padres Del Fuego. Their drunken bickering turned deafening as each captain attempted to assert themselves. Suddenly a hush fell about the town as Captain Jack Sparrow approached the head table.

He picked up a mug of ale and began to pace around, as he was well known to do when concerned or in deep thought. “Jolly Roger and his band of miscreant undead” he spoke “at this very moment are descending upon this very island”

He paused as a collective gasp from the crowd quieted any of the remaining whispers. The silence was deafening, not even Mr. Cotton’s parrot would have dared croak.

“He is looking for something so powerful, so awe inspiring” he looks at one of the most wealthy lords at the table “that even the most powerful pirate will beg him for mercy”

“And THAT ladies and gentlemen and … parrots… is why we are here. We must fight!”

“Here, here!” returned the rapidly growing crowd

“So go on then, get your crews, prepare the defenses with anything you can find!”

The crowd erupted into a loud cheer and anxiously followed Jack back to the docks. Jack graciously climbed upon a storage crate and exclaimed

“Alas, my friends, Jolly Roger will remember this day as the day he did NOT capture Padres. Del. Fuego!

And with that great speech, Jack tripped over the lip of the crate and fell into the water below and the preparations for the battle of Padres Del Fuego Began.

An account from the journal of an unnamed pirate intellectual on the Battle of Padres Del Fuego

Back