The Curse of The Claude D'Arcis Quest

Hoodie

Buccaneer
I've been stuck on this same quest since yesterday.
The quest when you have to kill Claude D'Arcis in Thieves' Den. I've done the quest about 11 times now, but every time I try getting out and returning to Tortuga I always crash one way or another.
My most recent try I tried teleporting to the French Island but I crashed on the loading screen.
I'm sure I've tried every possible way of getting to Tortuga and I've crashed every time.
Usually I get stuck at loading screen when entering Tortuga at 30%, then the number disappears and it crashes.
I've tried teleporting back to Tortuga and going around every cave system to make it to it and it just doesn't work.

The worst part is, after killing Claude D'Arcis and I crash, the game doesn't save my progress. I would have been able to finish it if it did.

Now this might just be me being unlucky and being cursed, or there is something wrong with the quest.

I've talked to others and they have finished the quest so I'm going with that I'm cursed.

TL;DR:
I've tried the same quest multiple times and I've crashed every time trying to return to Carter.

(we might just be in that reality that i'll never be able to finish the quest for some reason or another.)

The quest when you have to kill Claude D'Arcis in Thieves' Den. I've done the quest about 11 times now, but every time I try getting out and returning to Tortuga I always crash one way or another.
My most recent try I tried teleporting to the French Island but I crashed on the loading screen.
I'm sure I've tried every possible way of getting to Tortuga and I've crashed every time.
Usually I get stuck at loading screen when entering Tortuga at 30%, then the number disappears and it crashes.
I've tried teleporting back to Tortuga and going around every cave system to make it to it and it just doesn't work.

The worst part is, after killing Claude D'Arcis and I crash, the game doesn't save my progress. I would have been able to finish it if it did.

Now this might just be me being unlucky and being cursed, or there is something wrong with the quest.

I've talked to others and they have finished the quest so I'm going with that I'm cursed.

TL;DR:
I've tried the same quest multiple times and I've crashed every time trying to return to Carter.

(we might just be in that reality that i'll never be able to finish the quest for some reason or another.)
OMG! I have the same exact problem! I made it to the French island but whenvever I try to head back to Tortuga it crashes no matter what. Then I log back on and all the memory of me ever completing the quest is gone.

I finished this one just fine i don't know why people have problems with it.

I mean I'm also stuck on finding coal for the dagger. The barrels never come up with anything. But this one is more crucial because it's part of the main story.

I mean I'm also stuck on finding coal for the dagger. The barrels never come up with anything. But this one is more crucial because it's part of the main story.

I had this same problem but I was able to pass it when I moved from the "Poderoso" server to "Andaba". If Andaba doesn't work, try visiting other servers to search the barrels. One of them at least will work. :)
Ref - https://piratesforums.co/threads/me...port-crashes-bugs-glitches-here.14591/page-20

I experienced this as well. I was able to make it back to mainland Tortuga by using the "Return" button on the map, but usually crashed when trying to enter the Faithful Bride. It took a couple of tries, but I eventually made it.

I'll make sure to pass word of this issue along.

I experienced this as well. I was able to make it back to mainland Tortuga by using the "Return" button on the map, but usually crashed when trying to enter the Faithful Bride. It took a couple of tries, but I eventually made it.

I'll make sure to pass word of this issue along.

I've been trying it.
It's weird because it loads but the screen is frozen.

TL;DR:

I tried a workaround for the crash: So let's say you enter Thieves Den FROM Tortuga Graveyard, after you defeat D'Arcis, exit from the opposite side (into the Wildwoods) and then walk onto Tortuga.

Option 2: Enter Thieves from Wildwoods and exit into Tortuga Graveyard and then into Tortuga.

I tried a workaround for the crash: So let's say you enter Thieves Den FROM Tortuga Graveyard, after you defeat D'Arcis, exit from the opposite side (into the Wildwoods) and then walk onto Tortuga.

Option 2: Enter Thieves from Wildwoods and exit into Tortuga Graveyard and then into Tortuga.

Hasn't worked. I'm really curious what's causing this specific quest to go nuts.

Been trying all day, nothing works. Every possible thing I can think of has been done to finish the quest and I always crash.

Back