The Curse of The Claude D'Arcis Quest

Having the same exact issue on another quest, defeating General Bloodless. Nothing I can think of to get out of Murky Hollow without crashing, and the boss's defeat is rolled back in the quest log. The crashlog always ends in the following line:

Assertion failed: !is_empty() at line 1838 of c:\nirai\panda3d\panda\src\pgraph\nodePath.I

Edit: I don't know how I made it past the Claude D'Arcis quest, I had no problems with it.

Update: The game resolved itself! I continued doing other things, and while I was sailing, a message popped up saying "General Bloodless Defeated". I was able to land at Port Royal, then complete the quest. I'm at a loss as far as explanations go...

Last edited:
Having the same exact issue on another quest, defeating General Bloodless. Nothing I can think of to get out of Murky Hollow without crashing, and the boss's defeat is rolled back in the quest log. The crashlog always ends in the following line:

Assertion failed: !is_empty() at line 1838 of c:\nirai\panda3d\panda\src\pgraph\nodePath.I

Edit: I don't know how I made it past the Claude D'Arcis quest, I had no problems with it.

Update: The game resolved itself! I continued doing other things, and while I was sailing, a message popped up saying "General Bloodless Defeated". I was able to land at Port Royal, then complete the quest. I'm at a loss as far as explanations go...

Lucky! Wow. I wish that would happen haha.

I had this same problem, but someone told me a workaround:
After defeating Claude, attack another enemy and allow them to defeat you. You should end up in the Tortuga jail, and leaving may or may not crash you. For me, I crashed the first time but I was able to walk into the Faithful Bride and turn in the quest on the second attempt. Hope this helps!

After defeating Claude, attack another enemy and allow them to defeat you. You should end up in the Tortuga jail, and leaving may or may not crash you. For me, I crashed the first time but I was able to walk into the Faithful Bride and turn in the quest on the second attempt. Hope this helps!
Tried once, didn't work. Trying again! Thanks for the tip!

Tried it multiple times, in multiple ways, even tried switching servers in jail, and in every server. Hasn't worked. Didn't work for my buddy either. We're unlucky lol

I have had the same issue I've been trying to finish that storyline quest for 3 or 4 days now. I can get to him fine most of the time, kill him and it registers quest wise saying return to carver. But no matter if I walk through the maps, sail, teleport, return the game crashes. I log back in and the quest is "reset" saying that I still need to kill him. I've trying multiple times trying to complete it on all of the servers with the same result of crash and kill him again.

(also crashing a lot when docking in ports after plundering ships)

This is a case much similar to the Scatter Snap quest where you have to kill a Giant Crab boss for a container of bile except it doesn't register as a quest completion at all.

Back