Question The graphics will get a touch up?

Linerax

Wanted Pirate
Knowing that the devs are building the game from the ground up, I assume the graphics will be polished?

Not to mean that I won't play this game in the future if because the game does not have the best graphics to date; the only other game I know of that is an in-depth pirate game is Assassin Creed Black Flag and that game only let me sail the Jackdaw, so passing up this game is a foolish action.

To my understanding there will be two graphic 'styles' of sorts, much like World of Warcraft.

Style One - Oldschool graphics, appealing for nostalgia and performance reasons.

Style Two - Hi-poly and stylized, rather like Sid Meier's Pirates.

For development reasons, Style One is going to be the first to come up. Style Two is only a possibility/thought of the developers/rumor, if it does happen it will take a while after the game is fully reconstructed to be added in a post-release update.

We will probably add in better graphics somewhere down the line. It's a clear optimization that can be made in the game. (Though the game does look pretty nice already!)..

We need to optimize the client enough to handle this, as the client is our major bottleneck.

(Funny how the client is a lot of Disney-code... hahahaha)

Chris

Knowing that the devs are building the game from the ground up, I assume the graphics will be polished?

Not to mean that I won't play this game in the future if because the game does not have the best graphics to date; the only other game I know of that is an in-depth pirate game is Assassin Creed Black Flag and that game only let me sail the Jackdaw, so passing up this game is a foolish action.

@Linerax We actually have had a decent conversation regarding this topic in this thread: https://piratesforums.co/threads/skins-and-decals.11773/

Back