The Great Caribbean Ghost Hunt (07/19/12)

Bart Gunshot

Site Founder
As we wait for GM Sandra Tew to reveal the first round of clues, here's everything Pirates need to know to take part in this weekend's hunt for the missing Ghost GMs.

Each day's new set of clues to locate the ghosts will be revealed right here on this same Blog post, at these times:
FRIDAY, JULY 20: 11am (PST)
SATURDAY, JULY 21: 4pm (PST)
SUNDAY, JULY 22: 4pm (PST)

When she reveals the daily clues, Sandra Tew will also give a "voodoo phrase" for that day. Then the hunt officially begins!

Figure out the clue, find the ghost in orange orb state, and speak the "voodoo phrase" of the day to set the orange Ghost GM free.

Remember, when you find the orange orb ghost, you must speak this phrase in chat to free the Ghost GM. If you successfully restore the captive spirit, the orb turns blue.

The first Pirate to find and free the Ghost at a particular location wins the reward:
50,000 gold coins!
If you find a ghost and the orb is already blue, that means another swift and savvy Pirate has beat you to it, and already won the reward.

ghost-hunt.jpg

One reward per Pirate, per day, of the weekend Ghost Hunt.​
Happy haunting... err- hunting, mates!

UPDATE - FRIDAY'S HUNT BEGINS!
Sandra Tew reveals today's clues to locate the missing Ghost GMs below.
If you find one of these orange orbs today, free it by saying this voodoo phrase:
GRAVE BIND

A cascading bath after a royal jaunt marks the path to a rewarding haunt.
(Ocean: Exuma)

Exactly halfway down these mine cart tracks hides a rocky alcove filled with bats.
(Ocean: Fragilles)

Try not to feed the conflagration! Climb this platform to spy on 'Rattler's congregation.
(Ocean: Galaira)

A ghost is not the only thing set adrift on this isle. Seek a spirit here within four walls.
(Ocean: Guines)

I wait in orange on this island full of red, imprisoned in the uppermost keep on its head.
(Ocean: Hassigos)

Did the ghosts have any answers on what happened? Any role playing involved or hints to upcoming new content or? Sorry just curious. :fight:

Anyone have 50k in gold that I can "borrow," lol? *I guess the contest is officially over (since all ghosts have been found, for today)!

I believe this question could continue here on this thread that Marc Cannonshot started ...
https://piratesforums.co/threads/is-it-worth-doing-the-contest.7426/

Like Shamus (and probably other pirates as well) commented, this quest was so short-lived. One code for so many pirates. It was a little chance already to find the GM, then having to 'fight' to get to the ghosts over one code, that's not very big chance at all. A lot of pirates would only 'chase the wind' ... and that was not a good feeling for a lot of them.

If Potco wants to involve more pirates and get them excited over this kind of activities, they need to give a bigger chance for more pirates to get something out of them. This particular "quest" needs a lot of improvements in story line. Give more than one code or something, so that more pirates can have a chance to win it, as long as certain codes have not been used, the ghosts can still appear as orange.

Why cant POTCO come up with a good event that isnt tedious and boring? Most of these events you have a very slim chance of even finding a ghost let alone get to them first. Does anyone else remember the event where you could have the ghosts on your ship? well, I do and you had people sitting on their ships for hours with nothing happening. So Disney needs to take notice and if your'e going to do an event you have to do it right.

Back