The Legend of Eric Guneagle

Do you like the Legend of Eric Guneagle?

• Yes

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Chapter 3 The Test

"The captain is the one that calls the shots, punk. I will not listen to a little kid." A big man next to me said. He pushed me down on the deck and returned to firing at the ship.
I have not heard a statement made like that since last time I found myself part of a crew on a opened, POTCO "public" ship, lol. :cool:
A job well done, Eric. :flag1: *You are a natural writer and as I continue to read throughout this thread, each chapter of yours takes me away to a place filled with swashbuckling action and adventure (this being, in sharp contrast to the kitchen table and chair set before me).
Keep up the imagination and...I can't believe that I haven't stumbled across your stories before. :facepalm:

Thank you very much to all of you for your support! I thought it was getting a little unrealistic at the end, so that's why I stopped this project. But I will be happy to continue with it if everyone really likes it.
I have not heard a statement made like that since last time I found myself part of a crew on a opened, POTCO "public" ship, lol. :cool:
A job well done, Eric. :flag1: *You are a natural writer and as I continue to read throughout this thread, each chapter of yours takes me away to a place filled with swashbuckling action and adventure (this being, in sharp contrast to the kitchen table and chair set before me).
Keep up the imagination and...I can't believe that I haven't stumbled across your stories before. :facepalm:

Thank you Shamus! This made my day! :)

Chapter 10: Serpente El Grande Pt 1: The Chase

The fire danced in the center of the tent circle, drawing a radiant light that illuminated the darkness that was caused by the night sky. I looked up at the semi-full moon, which only reminded us of our victory as it hovered over the giant fortress. We had damaged the fortress' numbers. "We were not able to fully claim the island, but we had damaged it enough, to the point where we practically had them on their knees begging for mercy!" As it is written in the Captain's journal. Was it over-exagerated, our victory? Perhaps. Perhaps not.

We were all resting on the docks of Kingshead. We were to depart in about half-an-hour. I wanted to rest, but my head was still pounding after the incident that had just happened. Although Hector seemed to be fast asleep.

There were two lookouts (Incase one was to fall asleep), to keep watch and make sure that no soldiers would come after us. "Could you possibly think of a better feeling than victoriously resting on your enemies' own territory? I think not, mate!"

Apparently, I had lost track of the time, for a couple of minutes later, the captain was already waking everyone up and saying that it was time to leave. At least, this is what I thought as I was still groggy. As one lookout was fast asleep (As was predicted), the other lookout spotted about forty foot-soldiers heading in our direction. We packed up amazingly quick, and before we even knew it, we were sailing off into the distance.

Hector's memory must have not been all-there, for the cave he was referring to was actually known as Lava Gorge. It was located on an island known as Padres Del Fuego. The reason we figured it out was that Captain Jones had lived on Padres Del Feugo Beach as a young boy, before the East India Trading Company had destroyed the entire island and rebuilded it. His mother was killed in the bombing, but his father survived. I found that to be somehow ironic. Not funny, but ironic. It seems the East India Trading Company destroys all families.

"The whole island was about to fall into the depths of the ocean, it seemed. Lava receeded from the volcano, filling Lava Gorge with enough lava for them to rename it "Lava Island." I continue to run, through the giant labyrinth. Rocks fill the passages that I come from, not allowing me to turn away. They say "Choose the right path, or forever be trapped in this labyrinth."

Lucky enough for us, the winds were blowing southwest, straight from Kingshead to Padres Del Fuego. Another plus, it wasn't a far sail.
"Full Sail! We need to sail as far away from this place as possible, and in short time!" The Captain shouted. Three crewmates tugged at the sails, hastily lifting the sail. Before we knew it, we lifted the anchor and the wind made the ship glide across the ocean.
"Let that be a lesson to ye mongrels, the next time ye think about raiding our islands! Our homes! Stripping us of our freedom!" The captain said as we were leaving the island. Could the navy soldiers hear us? The captain made sure of this, as the navy soldiers shouted back.
"You will never get away with this, you filfthy pirates!" The crew laughed at their remark. The dwarf in our crew, Johnathan Moses, decided to make the semi-full moon into a full moon. And the moon shined brightly over the horizon, from the Navy's sight.

We must have greatly angered the navy swine, as they launched a War Frigate, a Man O'War, to follow us. From a far distance, they were firing cannons at us, coming very close. They just missed the broads of our ship, on both sides.
"What should we do, Captain?" One of the crewmates, the one with the distorted face, asked (I still have not found out all of their names).
"Keep the sails at full! They cannot catch up to us at this rate!" Captain Jones looks over at John Moses. "John, the moon does not need to be full anymore. Pull your pants up and find a cannon!"
"Yes, sir!" He did exactly as the Captain said. The captain was shaking his head, and snickering, but he was brought back into the battle when a cannon slightly damaged the top-stern of our hull. The lookout called from up on top of the mast.
"The ship be damaged, Captain! What shall we do?"
"Arr. Messin' with the ship be worse than messin' with the Captain's mother. Fire at will!" The captain ordered. The helmsman quickly turned the ship, and the crew members quickly raced to the Port Side of the ship. There was not enough room at the top of the ship for more cannoneers, so I opened the hatch to below-deck and climbed down the ladder.

I ran down the long, narrow hallway. The sounds of cannons firing right above me made a loud, echoing noise throughout the hall. I entered through a door that read "Below-Deck Canoneering." I grabbed a cannon and looked out through a small hole above the cannon that allowed me to view the sea, and the already-damaged ship. I also noticed a giant cannonball heading straight for me. I jumped out of the way, and I heard an exceptionally loud splash in the water. I got back up on my feet, but then when I looked outside the window once more, I saw no ship. I heard someone shout "Cease Fire!"

When arrived back above deck, I could notice I was not the only one confused. The captain was staring up at the lookout. Thye lookout was looking through his spyglass.
"Those navy swine are in the process of sinking!" The lookout shouted. The crew, including the lookout, cheered, letting out a loud "YARR!" all in unison. I was smiling and cheering along with them. But I stopped when I saw that the Captain was the only one who was not celebrating. That is never a good sign, as Captain Jones knows best.
"I don't like this." The crewmates stopped cheering. They all silently stared at the Captain. "We hardly did any damage to the enemy ship. They should not have sunk that easily!"

"Perhaps it was bounty-hunters. We had a run-in with them a while back," John stated.
"No, it couldn't be. There were no other ships even a horizon away from it besides us!" The lookout said.
"Perhaps a little of an exageration there, eh James? But I believe you are right about the fact that it was not a ship's doing. But what was it?" The captain questioned. I was too much in shock to say anything. Even more the case when suddenly, something crashed into our ship. It nearly knocked the entire ship over!
"What was that?!" I exclaimed in utter shock. All of a sudden, a giant, green and blue creature with no arms, and no legs, sprang out of the water. It had giant, hanging tendrils, razor-sharp teeth, and a green, purple, and blue spike on it's head. As it rose out of the water, it made it practically rain on our ship. It hovered over our ship, blocking the sunlight, as I thought would be our last glimpse of light.....

Back