The Legend of Pirates Online Content Sneak Peak

Donations aren't profiting like memberships. Memberships give you stuff in-game. Donations don't. Toontown House even gave people in-game things and Disney didn't care. Later, we may have a vote for this.
:facepalm: and look where that got TTH........... Disney cares dude, lol. Zackyboo told me. We don't need to vote on anything

...I honestly think that (just my personal opinion) this community worries too much about Disney, but Disney isn't as evil as a lot of people think. They really can't stop us from making a DONATION SYSTEM because nobody would get anything in-game or anything. It's just like sending someone money. It would be the same thing as sending someone money so that they could pay for a server. I don't even think Disney could stop that...
I'm commenting on this whole "donations" point because it truly gets under my skin (and it has for a 'long time') but that is beside the point.

Here's an idea :confused:; I challenge anyone to follow through with the idea by simply putting the entire issue to rest. *All you would have to do is contact the copyright infringement agent working currently for Disney Interactive and ask him/her what they think about an emulator receiving donations? I mean, if there is really nothing at all to worry about then I would think that him/her would be quite understanding to the whole idea in general, aye?

Let's not kid ourselves. ;) They'd eat us for lunch and then spit us out (along with all 'other' POTCO emulators).

I'm commenting on this whole "donations" point because it truly gets under my skin (and it has for a 'long time') but that is beside the point.

Here's an idea :confused:; I challenge anyone to follow through with the idea by simply putting the entire issue to rest. *All you would have to do is contact the copyright infringement agent working currently for Disney Interactive and ask him/her what they think about an emulator receiving donations? I mean, if there is really nothing at all to worry about then I would think that him/her would be quite understanding to the whole idea in general, aye?

Let's not kid ourselves. ;) They'd eat us for lunch and then spit us out (along with all 'other' POTCO emulators).
Actually, that's a good idea. We're going to contact Disney about it.

Actually, that's a good idea. We're going to contact Disney about it.
If you do so, don't forget to mention the word, "donations." Hopefully, you'll have an answer to which you can then post publicly concerning the decision which was made.

It's going well, but hard things to figure out.
My questions is how you are so confident that the game will be released in 5 months (4 months from now since your first estimate), considering that you haven't released anything other than the create a pirate. In this 5 month estimate, I also assume you mean a beta because you do need a reasonable testing time, for any game really. Assuming you do a very short beta (around a month to two months), I still think it's unreasonable that you will be able to create the game within the next 2-3 months.

If you still believe your own estimate, will the next update strictly be on port royal, or will you release more than that? Also when are you planning on releasing the next stage of progress. Although I am no developer, it just doesn't seem realistic that you will be able to complete every portion of the game within this time frame with the current rate.

Again, if you think your estimate is legitimate, I think me and many others would appreciate a rough timeline estimate (this may put too much pressure though) or at least a hint of what you have been working on or finished considering you describe the team to work very efficiently.

Don't let this put any pressure on you, as I am simply wondering why you are so optimistic about it, but my advice would be to not get ahead of yourselves because it would be much more relieving to know the game will come out in 10 months than think it will come out in less than 5.

My questions is how you are so confident that the game will be released in 5 months (4 months from now since your first estimate), considering that you haven't released anything other than the create a pirate. In this 5 month estimate, I also assume you mean a beta because you do need a reasonable testing time, for any game really. Assuming you do a very short beta (around a month to two months), I still think it's unreasonable that you will be able to create the game within the next 2-3 months.

If you still believe your own estimate, will the next update strictly be on port royal, or will you release more than that? Also when are you planning on releasing the next stage of progress. Although I am no developer, it just doesn't seem realistic that you will be able to complete every portion of the game within this time frame with the current rate.

Again, if you think your estimate is legitimate, I think me and many others would appreciate a rough timeline estimate (this may put too much pressure though) or at least a hint of what you have been working on or finished considering you describe the team to work very efficiently.

Don't let this put any pressure on you, as I am simply wondering why you are so optimistic about it, but my advice would be to not get ahead of yourselves because it would be much more relieving to know the game will come out in 10 months than think it will come out in less than 5.
I'm not saying it won't be less than 5 months. I don't want any false promises, so all I'm saying is within 5 months we will have a closed alpha/stress tests. We don't plan to have a beta within that timeframe. Believe it or not, we do have a lot of progress.

I'm not saying it won't be less than 5 months. I don't want any false promises, so all I'm saying is within 5 months we will have a closed alpha/stress tests. We don't plan to have a beta within that timeframe. Believe it or not, we do have a lot of progress.
Alright that makes a lot more sense, the idea I was getting from your posts was that you will be releasing in 5 months. An Alpha would make sense

Back