Question The pearl quest and wth.

squintz

Pirate Lord
Okay, set up a match for the pearl quest and was sent onto a ship ALONE with a jillion enemies and of course didn't make it past that.
What am I supposed to do if I don't want to captain a ship? I don't care that much for leadership thing and sailing. Is there no other way to complete this quest as just a crew member? I don't even know what a match is or how this works. The wiki is no real help and match isn't explained there very good as well. Even if I did defeat all those guys, would I have to take the wheel alone without crew?

I have also been asking for crew for it but since I gained it 3 weeks ago, I can never get anyone to go.

I'm in a nice guild, but it's still small so I can't get much there.

Thanks for any responses on the pearl quest.

Okay, set up a match for the pearl quest and was sent onto a ship ALONE with a jillion enemies and of course didn't make it past that.
What am I supposed to do if I don't want to captain a ship? I don't care that much for leadership thing and sailing. Is there no other way to complete this quest as just a crew member? I don't even know what a match is or how this works. The wiki is no real help and match isn't explained there very good as well. Even if I did defeat all those guys, would I have to take the wheel alone without crew?

I have also been asking for crew for it but since I gained it 3 weeks ago, I can never get anyone to go.

You get a crew together and then go to the lookout and select treasure map. You will not likely be able to do it alone as the bridges will take you out. I think that it can be done with as few as 3 right now and with 2 when a working rev ram becomes available. With a crew of less than 5 it is not easy. At this point the fewest I've been successful with in tlopo is 4.

You get a crew together and then go to the lookout and select treasure map. You will not likely be able to do it alone as the bridges will take you out. I think that it can be done with as few as 3 right now and with 2 when a working rev ram becomes available. With a crew of less than 5 it is not easy. At this point the fewest I've been successful with in tlopo is 4.
It's important to crew everyone that you want to do it with before clicking treasure map.

From my experience, it seems like the best time & place to find a crew is on Tortuga in Abassa from about 8 to 11 eastern time. It might take a while, but usually some people will help. Also, I'd be happy to help with the boss battle, if you want. Just pm me whenever you're planning to go, and I'll help if I'm available.

Thanks Eric. But I just said I can't get crews together. I've tried. Is there any way to BE crew? Do I just stand around with a word balloon over my head saying "will crew pearl for quest" or something? Some time ago I somehow ended up on the pearl battle but because I didn't have the quest at the time I got nothing out of it.

From my experience, it seems like the best time & place to find a crew is on Tortuga in Abassa from about 8 to 11 eastern time. It might take a while, but usually some people will help. Also, I'd be happy to help with the boss battle, if you want. Just pm me whenever you're planning to go, and I'll help if I'm available.
lol. Thanks for the input. So that would be right now on abassa? I know that's probably the only way, but I'd rather chew glass and salt.
I'll just stand there scratching my head with a bubble that says "I crew for pearl" or "I'm a cannoner for pearl".
I'm not going to get anything for it, I just want the bloody quest out of my one eye.

Thanks Eric. But I just said I can't get crews together. I've tried. Is there any way to BE crew? Do I just stand around with a word balloon over my head saying "will crew pearl for quest" or something? Some time ago I somehow ended up on the pearl battle but because I didn't have the quest at the time I got nothing out of it.
Sorry you're having trouble raising a crew. You need more or better friends mate. It's been my experience that a lot of people will crew for the Pearl boss battle, try as Alli suggested and solicit help on Abassa Tortuga. You should be good if you get 4 or more to join, depends on their lvl to some degree.

Also, if you find someone else that is looking for a crew for THEIR black pearl quest, you can join theirs and still have yours count as completed if you finish. That worked for me.

Also, if you find someone else that is looking for a crew for THEIR black pearl quest, you can join theirs and still have yours count as completed if you finish. That worked for me.
Thanks, and that's what i'm going to do in a few.
I'm going to stand there with my thought bubble out asking to be someones crew.

But, i feel somehow...
so..
cheap.

I would have helped but as you might know I was demoted in that guild due to the bugs showing " LAST SEEN " on 5 mins ago but shows 23 days ago or more .... lol !! It's kind of funny , just joined another guild 3 days ago and shows last seen 23 days ago ..... lol

Back