The PotCO Screenshot Archive

Richard Cannonwalker

Notorious Pirate
Ahoy, mates. Ever since I've heard that PotCO is closing on September 19th, i've been reflecting on my past in PotCO, starting off with when I joined about a month after the game was released in November 2007. However, this thread is not about my history on the game or the forums (although I plan on publishing a story about that at a later date :p).
Some have been protesting Disney's shutdown on PotCO, been planing to create emulators of the game, or even make entirely new games, all in their own ways preserving the memory of PotCO. However, i'd like to propose a way of preserving the memory in a different way: The PotCO Screenshot Archive
http://potcfanon.wikia.com/wiki/The_PotCO_Screenshot_Archive
What
is the PotCO Screenshot Archive, you may be asking? Well, it's as the title implies: an archive of screenshots from the game. What do you for this is simple:
  1. Find your most memorable/valuable screenshots. These can be anything you want them to be. What I mean by "valuable" is sentimental value. Maybe the screenshot you find is the first one you ever took, or maybe it's of you and one of your best PotCO friends. Whatever it is, be sure to find it and have it ready to use.
  2. Go to the link posted above and click "Edit."
  3. Create a new section on the bottom with the "Heading 2" as its font. Put your name as the heading's title.
  4. Press enter, then go to the right side of the screen and click "Gallery." This, in my opinion, is the best way to showcase the photos in a non-slideshow way.
  5. Begin adding your photos. Be sure to give them captions so that we know exactly what they are.
  6. Click "Publish" towards the upper-right of the screen when you're done.

The PotCO Screenshot Archive will preserve our most cherished PotCO memories in the manner of a metaphorical "time capsule." This way, we can all reflect on our times during the days of piratey adventures of PotCO together. Thank you for reading and hopefully contributing to the Archive.

A great idea. Have you considered doing this exact thing on the forums too or are you just focusing upon the Wikia?

A great idea. Have you considered doing this exact thing on the forums too or are you just focusing upon the Wikia?

I'm unsure. I figured it would be easier to do it on the Wikia first because adding your screenshots is as simple as pressing the "edit" button and uploading them and the end result would probably look more organized. However, I might do something on the forums sometime later.

Back