The Rules Of THE PIRATE CODE OF CONDUCT (the pirate's code)

I wasn't talking about the drinking part ... I was talking about light's out at eight o'clock ... :p

i think that because these are disneys rules and they want kids to be in bed at a good time they are saying go to bed at 8:00

i think that because these are disneys rules and they want kids to be in bed at a good time they are saying go to bed at 8:00

oh no it was true in the arcticles well its becuase pirates MUST sail in the light otherwise they will get lost so they have to wake up early like 4 am in the morning
but dont worry in party nights the pirates stay up celebrating to the morning and get ticked off the walls :rumgone:

Hmmm...I think now that I am a little intimidated by rule #3.

Makes me wonder if I should stay away from Abassa, plundering as Captain & keeping ship "open" to the public :confused:. *Sailors on Abassa do tend to get a little pushy.

Bartholomew Roberts' articles

VIII. No striking one another on board, but every man's quarrels to be ended on shore, at sword and pistol. (The quarter-master of the ship, when the parties will not come to any reconciliation, accompanies them on shore with what assistance he thinks proper, and turns the disputant back to back, at so many paces distance; at the word of command, they turn and fire immediately, (or else the piece is knocked out of their hands). If both miss, they come to their cutlasses, and then he is declared the victor who draws the first blood.)

WoW. The fact that each man had to "wait" so long to confront each other MUST have required a lot of patience & increased the tension between them. (Normally, two men wanting to settle a dispute would rather punch each other in the mouth...then continue on with their daily activity, lol).

oh no it was true in the arcticles well its becuase pirates MUST sail in the light otherwise they will get lost/quote]

Not so my good captain, navigation by the stars was much easier than navigation during the day. When you're out at sea, it's not like you have an abundance of landmarks that you need to see, so the stars work just fine.

Hmmm...I think now that I am a little intimidated by rule #3.

Makes me wonder if I should stay away from Abassa, plundering as Captain & keeping ship "open" to the public :confused:. *Sailors on Abassa do tend to get a little pushy.

hmm... wait a minute you are right we should stay away from abassa and ye know some times when they tell the cap can i steer and in abassa they wud mostly say okk after the 97th time they beg for it

hmm... wait a minute you are right we should stay away from abassa and ye know some times when they tell the cap can i steer and in abassa they wud mostly say okk after the 97th time they beg for it

Nah ... I'd stay in Abassa to plunder (not doing quest so much), and keep the ship open for public because it's easier to get crew. I'll take the chance to get some annoying ppl on board (I guess that's a 'trade' for getting crew easily), even though it would make my blood pressure run high. And nope ... I'm not one of those Capts who would let somebody steer after he/she asks 97 times. I usually try to reason with them why they cannot, and if they don't give me a very good reason, no matter if they ask me 201 times (yea, I'm kind of 'mean' - or should I say - firm), I'm still not gonna let them steer. I just ignore them and when I'm ready to port, they'd go.

lol if someone asks to steer my ship, i say this: Did you buy this ship? No, you didn't. I did. So I steer it. You buy yourself a war frigate if you want to steer one. I coughed up 60,000 gold for this ship. You must do the same :D

Nah ... I'd stay in Abassa to plunder (not doing quest so much), and keep the ship open for public because it's easier to get crew. I'll take the chance to get some annoying ppl on board (I guess that's a 'trade' for getting crew easily), even though it would make my blood pressure run high. And nope ... I'm not one of those Capts who would let somebody steer after he/she asks 97 times. I usually try to reason with them why they cannot, and if they don't give me a very good reason, no matter if they ask me 201 times (yea, I'm kind of 'mean' - or should I say - firm), I'm still not gonna let them steer. I just ignore them and when I'm ready to port, they'd go.

hmmm...well i never ask to steer anothers ship but "can i steer please:) )

As you can see, some of the codes are similar to others, while others are completely different.

Which captain set the best codes?
As far as the best, I am still not sure as to which Captain's code I would pick over all of the others. However, I can definitely say for certain that I would eliminate the Articles of John Gow because of the following clause he states below:
VI. Every person who shall offend against any of these articles shall be punished with death, or in such other manner as the ship's company shall think proper.
I mean, who does he think he is; William Wallace? :confused:
tumblr_lsp1bqapvo1r16we7o1_500.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thing is...do you use a sword and stick to the code,or use a hidden blade and stick to the creed...THAT is the question.:>

Ahoy Cap'ain Valentine

There is British Office sailing, The Sea Fury, and he violated the Code #7. That yellow belly rat sunk EITC Sentinel. With no room for a sloop, he squeezed like a roach and tookme loot. Ye Be Properly Warned.

Rules and Laws aboard the ship were important to the democracy of the ship most pirate ships everything was put to a vote. It was its own country at sea so to speak. When you gave your life up for the life of piracy you gave away your citizenship to whatever nation you came from and had no home. That ship became your home. That was your new nation and family. Pirates were not what we see on tv neither were many other historical archetypes such as cowboys and outlaws, or Native Americans.
Pirates are protrayed as being brutish outlaws and thugs of the high seas who stammer around drunkenly and only make shore in search of more rum and women.
In reality that was not all that possible. They were hard working men many of whom had made mistakes in civilized society and attained felonies and therefore were unfit for employment. Many civilized governments such as the British especially and the French were very very oppressive.
Some Pirates took to sea after being forcibly discharged from their nations navy for petty crimes that racked up higher charges. Then again some of the men saw more opportunity taking merchant ships than they could ever find at home. As for Pirate Captains, these were men who at some point where high ranking officers in the navy, or perhaps slaves on a slave ship who revolted and took over the ship as was the case of some pirates, or even just poor folk who grew up hungry and watched as children while the food from local farms was carted up ramps on to cargo vessels and shipped across oceans and seas while their families starved dreaming of a nothing more than a day when they could dress in fancy coats and not be punished for simply wanting a single apple from a barrel of 300.

Back