The Tragedies of TLOPO

Mood Rock

Wanted Pirate
13. The Closure of the Original TLOPO Meme Thread
0.png

We all hoped that the meme thread would last forever. Unfortunately, it did not. Locked for undisclosed reasons, the original meme thread harbored some pretty high quality memes. Shutting down this thread has unfortunately sent most of them into obscurity, and left many memers on this forums without a home. Even worse, many memes on the old thread no longer show, instead being replaced with the missing-image icon. Luckily, a new one was made, and has served us faithfully ever since the original's tragic closing.

12. The Saddest Photo in TLOPO Ever
Officially titled the saddest photo in TLOPO ever, you can clearly see where the sadness lies:
00.png

(Credit of picture goes to @Jacksharkben)
What was in the Loot Skull Chest? Just a crude cutlass? Maybe pair of Wallop Boots? Or was it The Lost Sword of El Patron? Perhaps a Dark Black Sack Vest? We'll never know...

11. The Death of the Flying Pig
000.png

(Credit of picture goes to @PrivateRiley )
Nothing pains me more than seeing a good Alpha glitch get taken out. The flying pig was one of the few remaining glitches in Alpha that was amusing and fun to see. Now with the flying pig gone, we lost another great glitch from the glorious days of Alpha. The pig's end was the result of tlopo-rc-v1.10.3, and the unfortunate creature wasn't even given a catchy name before its unfortunate demise.

10. The Tragedy of Derog
00.png

(Credit of picture goes to @derog)
Derog was a member of TLOPO, so powerful and so wise he could use his ship to defeat the enemy ships to get good loot. He had such a knowledge of sailing that he could even crew the ones that boarded and share with them his loot. He became so powerful that the only thing he was afraid of was losing his ship, which eventually he did. Unfortunately, he kept his ship available to everyone online, then his internet crashed him to his shock. Derog never saw it coming. It's ironic. He could give others loot, but none for himself.
This section represents all variants of this type of tragedy in which a person is booted from a ship they were on, only to have it still public when they crash, thus leading to someone taking their place. This particular one is extra tragic due to the actual captain not being able to get back on.

9. Fixing of the Loot Overflow Bug/Lowering of at Sea Loot Quality
Tlopo-rc-v1.10.0 led to the loot overflow bug being ended, and this is the result:
0000.png

According to the person who took this picture, @Simon Daggerhawk, this is the result of a half-hour long mat run that ended with full mats. Unbeknownst to him at the time was that the loot overflow bug was fixed, and all his loot pouches, royal chests, etc. were not included in the final plunder count. Here, we see another glitch that was fixed, but instead led to more disaster. Many complain that this has made sailing loot no longer practical. Even worse, loot may sometimes not be earned after a loot or material run. Other times, the loot one gets after a run may not necessarily be what was shown on the cargo tab. Either way, the lack of a loot overflow bug has led to lower quality sea loot, which in turn has led to much toxicity throughout the community.

8. The End of Alpha
00000.jpg

(Credit of picture goes to @Roger_ Gunshot )
With the end of Alpha, came the end of all the pirates and their progress during this phase. However, it was stated beforehand that this would be the case, and the closing of Alpha was a necessary step into Beta, which has progressed significantly. In the end, the closing of Alpha was saddening to see, but it was for the greater good.

7. The Tragedy of Will O'Legend
85163301b9d7b9047aa0a977dcca7914.gif

(Credit of graphics interchange format goes to @Will O'Legend)
All Will O'Legend wanted to do is get onto the second box. The game restricted him from doing so, thus leading to a "devastation of his gameplay immersiveness." This inability for O'Legend to assert himself as having some meaning in life lead to his own KO-ing, with nobody being willing to revive him. O'Legend's demise was avoidable, but when he reached out to his peers and community, he was rejected. As a result, the hashtag #2ndboxtlopo was created with the intention of allowing pirates to sand on the second box at the docks of Port Royal, so we do not have to experience another tragedy as seen with the case of Will O'Legend.

6. The Loss of the Barrel of Port Royal
darrelthebarrel.png

This barrel was eliminated from the game sometime around the late Alpha stage, if I'm not mistaken. It used to chill out in front of the large doors of Fort Charles before being eradicated from existence. Ever since its removal, it has been nicknamed Darrel (Darrel the Barrel, get it?). The sadness of this loss is that it was around since the early days of Alpha, and was removed too soon to be properly memorialized.

5. Jolly Roger Dab
0.png

(Credit of picture goes to @Jack Scurvyfoote)
No. We didn't need this. We really didn't. There are so many other things that could be improved upon in-game, yet we get Jolly Roger dabbing instead. This picture will definitely go down as one of the saddest events in TLOPO history.

4. This Video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tYo9QDR270&feature=youtu.be
Just watch it. No explanation needed.

3. Cannon Rams Rollback
Something happened that allowed cannon rams to be obtained through cannon defense with ease, and this resulted in a huge amount of people getting the Revenant Cannon Ram, Iron Priming Ram, etc. So many had gotten these rams through this exploit that a rollback was necessary, and thus tlopo-rc-v.1.2.4. was born. It was logical for the rollback to happen, but people got enraged over this not only due to losing their rams, but due to losing game progress as well. Even today, both sea items and cannon defense still do not work. Luckily, these have made some good memes, such as this one from @MMDR:
00000.png

This summarizes the issue perfectly.

2. The "Other Remake" Crisis
I'm not going to name the remake or mastermind behind it since this is a very controversial subject, but it was indeed troubling when it was around. In short, this other remake and TLOPO were engaged in some drama back around 2015 or so, and many topics about this are classified. Some rumors that arose from this crisis include claims of stalking, spamming, hacking, doxing, swatting, threatening, dislike bots, and other heinous activities. Both sides claimed that the other started it, but the other remake was more volatile in its strategy and ultimately privatized its servers. The crisis has since ended, but remains as a saddening chapter in TLOPO history. Unfortunately, people from the other remake attempt to spread toxicity throughout the Caribbean even today, but so far, they have been held at bay.

1. The Tragic End of Mood Rock
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRJBGwTKoP8
This is by far the most tragic event in TLOPO history. Mood Rock was a very special rock that united the community together, gave new players something to talk about, and made TLOPO a little bit more unique, and better, than POTCO in a way. But thanks to tlopo-rc-v1.0.0, we lost our precious Mood Rock. On top of losing Mood Rock, we lost all other color changing rocks across the Caribbean! This includes Sister Stone and Mood Boulder. Tlopo-rc-v1.0.0 has brought with it many beneficial implementations, but getting rid of Mood Rock has no justification, and is the reason why Mood Rock must be brought back through the spread of awareness and the hashtag #BringBackMoodRock, especially after over a year of not having it grace the scenery of Port Royal.

If you think there are other tragedies besides this one, feel free to state them below.
NOTICE: This will be updated as more tribulations are discovered.

Last edited:
Aye lads, I have a tragedy that befell me many moons ago. This is not as tragic as some of the other moments so to say, but still, the memories linger.

The year was 2013, I had been playing for almost 2 years. I've maxed three pirates but there was one thing that will always escape my grasp. Black pants. Yes, you heard me. a single pair of black pants. not black shorts, fate cursed me by giving those to taunt me. Why am I so obsessed with these pants? Ever wanted something just out of your grasp? Surely you understand my pain. Why did I not buy from Peddlers? I did, but the texture doesn't match. I became the laughing stock of my group of friends, "Jack CabinWrecker, the Pantless Pirate".

However one day, I was with my friend fighting the dreaded Devil Root. after the third victory, it happened. I found a pair of black pants! And the mighty Villainy Doll, a Famed doll with the evil eye ability, but who cares? LONG BLACK PANTS!!! Much celebration was held that day. but what happened next will forever haunt me.

the next day, Disney reset the server due to an issue, costing the previous day's loot. My glorious beloved pair of pants was taken from me. I would give anything to have had those pants. my famed curse broadsword, the legendary silver freeze, of which I had two, I just want it a matching black outfit! I emailed Disney several times, begging them to please just give a guy a break! But no. On that day, I learned what injustice truly was. Was I taking this too seriously? Yeah, maybe so.

Out of 3 Max Pirates, I never found one pair of black long pants. I do not know the reason why. Perhaps the EITC was stingy with black dye or perhaps Jolly Rogers took it a bit too personal as I taunted him one fateful invasion of Padres and cursed me. Today, I learned that the game of my childhood had come back. and so, once again, Jack Cabinwrecker sails the seven seas. Will I find the white(in my case, black) whale that has evaded me for so long? Will I finally obtained with so many higher levels take for granted?

Today was the start of many things. getting to sail the Seas once more, reconnecting with an old friend, and finally, to finish what I failed to obtain 5 years ago, That which was cruelly and unjustly taken from me. My black pants...

Aye lads, I have a tragedy that befell me many moons ago. This is not as tragic as some of the other moments so to say, but still, the memories linger.

The year was 2013, I had been playing for almost 2 years. I've maxed three pirates but there was one thing that will always escape my grasp. Black pants. Yes, you heard me. a single pair of black pants. not black shorts, fate cursed me by giving those to taunt me. Why am I so obsessed with these pants? Ever wanted something just out of your grasp? Surely you understand my pain. Why did I not buy from Peddlers? I did, but the texture doesn't match. I became the laughing stock of my group of friends, "Jack CabinWrecker, the Pantless Pirate".

However one day, I was with my friend fighting the dreaded Devil Root. after the third victory, it happened. I found a pair of black pants! And the mighty Villainy Doll, a Famed doll with the evil eye ability, but who cares? LONG BLACK PANTS!!! Much celebration was held that day. but what happened next will forever haunt me.

the next day, Disney reset the server due to an issue, costing the previous day's loot. My glorious beloved pair of pants was taken from me. I would give anything to have had those pants. my famed curse broadsword, the legendary silver freeze, of which I had two, I just want it a matching black outfit! I emailed Disney several times, begging them to please just give a guy a break! But no. On that day, I learned what injustice truly was. Was I taking this too seriously? Yeah, maybe so.

Out of 3 Max Pirates, I never found one pair of black long pants. I do not know the reason why. Perhaps the EITC was stingy with black dye or perhaps Jolly Rogers took it a bit too personal as I taunted him one fateful invasion of Padres and cursed me. Today, I learned that the game of my childhood had come back. and so, once again, Jack Cabinwrecker sails the seven seas. Will I find the white(in my case, black) whale that has evaded me for so long? Will I finally obtained with so many higher levels take for granted?

Today was the start of many things. getting to sail the Seas once more, reconnecting with an old friend, and finally, to finish what I failed to obtain 5 years ago, That which was cruelly and unjustly taken from me. My black pants...
00.gif

First off, Amazing post. Now to the specifics..
Nothing pains me more than seeing a good Alpha glitch get taken out. The flying pig was one of the few remaining glitches in Alpha that was amusing and fun to see. Now with the flying pig gone, we lost another great glitch from the glorious days of Alpha
Yes, A GOOD alpha glitch.. but there were far better ones.. rip Moodrock.
According to the person who took this picture, @Simon Daggerhawk, this is the result of a half-hour long mat run that ended with full mats. Unbeknownst to him at the time was that the loot overflow bug was fixed, and all his loot pouches, royal chests, etc. were not included in the final plunder count. Here, we see another glitch that was fixed, but instead led to more disaster. Many complain that this has made sailing loot no longer practical.
Wait wait wait.. Stop..
This was BAD sailing loot? This looks like one of my genuine supreme hauls.
No Comment.
Something happened that allowed cannon rams to be obtained through cannon defense with ease, and this resulted in a huge amount of people getting the Revenant Cannon Ram, Iron Priming Ram, etc. So many had gotten these rams through this exploit that a rollback was necessary, and thus tlopo-rc-v.1.2.4. was born. It was logical for the rollback to happen, but people got enraged over this not only due to losing their rams, but due to losing game progress as well. Still, it made some good memes, such as this one from @MMDR:
Yep.. Who can forget this? I remember thinking someone stole my rams or I glitched or something... As I recall at first I was mad but after looking at the craziness of others and the memes my anger dyed down.
1. The Tragic End of Mood Rock
As a #BringBackMoodRock supporter I can definitely affirm that this was 1.
I have a poem.

"Mood rock you were amazing"
"As good as the air pig twas grazing"
"You showed your worth with ease
"Though you weren't no Silver Freeze
"You showed your emotions without erosion"
"But unfortunately caused a commotion"
"This lead to your dooming fate"
"A rock no longer great"
"A dilemma that could not be mended
"So, your life was ended."

"Mood rock you were amazing"
"As good as the air pig twas grazing"
"You showed your worth with ease
"Though you weren't no Silver Freeze
"You showed your emotions without erosion"
"But unfortunately caused a commotion"
"This lead to your dooming fate"
"A rock no longer great"
"A dilemma that could not be mended
"So, your life was ended."
I have never been so moved in my life by an outstanding piece of literature such as this.
This needs to be archived.

Back