The Unforgettable Tale Of Benjamin Lockbreaker

Chapter 1
Light streamed, threw the very small window, of Benjamin Lockbreakers room, over looking the bustling island of Saint Lucia in 1743. It was already half past 6, he had to wake himself, 5 minutes later he was up and ready for his daily chores. Happily, he remembered that this wasn't just any day it was in fact the second best day of the year so far. His parents the Lockbreakers, had left last night on a ship to visit their old friends. Apparently, their oldest daughter was getting married and they had been invited, one of the reasons, he wasn't going with them was because they always believed he caused trouble, where ever he was. But, he didn't care at all he would have the house for himself for 3 whole days, thankfully his mom had taught him a little about cooking before they had left, with his sister. His Father Charles Lockbreaker owned the one of two Chandleries on the island. Thankfully, it would be closed the entire weekend before his Father, Mother and Sister, Sapphire returned. All he had to do was accept the shipments coming on Saturday and place them in the right area in the store, writing the new additions in the log of their shop, suppling anything from rope to nails. After he had finished, he lazily walked over to his best friends shop/house. His best friend was Elizabeth Stone, she was almost the same age has him and had been friends with him since the age of 6 and 6 years later, they still did almost everything together. He hopped up the steps to the islands only
postal service, composing himself the very moment he stepped threw the open door. Mr. Stone looked up from his large stack of letters and exclaimed'' Hey, Benjamin I heard your Father and Mother left the island, looks like your running the shop then, or is your sister?'' Smiling with pride Benjamin announced'' Nope Sir, My sister left with them, i am in charge, but the store is going to be closed until then return." Surprised Mr, Stone questioned" Well then, shouldn't you be collecting the shipments shipped in this morning?'' A even bigger smile cracked Benjamin's lips" I already completed that task a hour ago, i wanted to come over and help you our go down to the dock with Elizabeth and fish, if she has finished her chores too''? Mr. Stone just smiled and replied" Yes, she has and she would love to go fish with you." Happily, Benjamin strolled to the back off the shop and knocked on a bedroom door. To be continued.:D This is just a rough draft i composed in 15 minutes its not perfect or anything.

Back