Discussion The untold story of how I became an admin in DisneyPotco

Treasurer

Site Founder
As you may recall, there used to be a site named DisneyPotco.com, I believe it was called 'Brethren Court of Pirates' , I was a member here. This was mostly a site focused on certain guilds that were of old age, and they held to their own standards.

Anyhow, one time I logged in, and I was an administrator with full access right to everything, and everyone, I was surprised but I thought they had given me admin right because of my notoriety, and because I was an admin here. Anyways, a few months went by, I of course didn't change anything, but I also didn't say anything, I thought they were aware.

One day, I was talking to @Pretty Polly (she was a current admin on the site) on pirates, then I don't remember what was the topic, but she brought up that she was an admin on the site, then I say, oh yeah me too. She was surprised, I said that, she didn't believe me. Well later I think she went to check, and long story short, the next day I wasn't an admin anymore.

What would you have done, if you come and you figure you are an admin, and you think they know, but you just don't openly talk about it to bring it up?

Last edited:
As you may recall, there used to be a site named DisneyPotco.com, I believe it was called 'Brethren Court of Pirates' , I was a member here. This was mostly a site focused on certain guilds that were of old age, and they held to their own standards.

Anyhow, one time I logged in, and I was an administrator with full access right to everything, and everyone, I was surprised but I thought they had given me admin right because of my notoriety, and because I was an admin here. Anyways, a few months went by, I of course didn't change anything, but I also didn't say anything, I thought they were aware.

One day, I was talking to @Pretty Polly (she was a current admin on the site) on pirates, then I don't remember what was the topic, but she brought up that she was an admin on the site, then I say, oh yeah me too. She was surprised, I said that, she didn't believe me. Well later I think she went to check, and long story short, the next day I wasn't an admin anymore.

What would you have done, if you come and you figure you are an admin, and you think they know, but you just don't openly talk about it to bring it up?

I would have been honest up front, simply tell them hey i think you guys made me an admin by accident.

Well, true, but the thing is that there is something odd about old guilds, the first ones, they had too much pride, they wouldn't even talk to me. They felt privileged and above everyone else, not everyone was like this but most were. They didn't talk to me, and I didn't have any friends from their site, per say, until I started making friend with Pretty Polly, which in a way I told them through her. Though I genuinely didn't believe that they had made a mistake, although after a month or so, it did pop my mind.

@Treasurer It was indeed an untold story as I don't remember any of it I'm afraid.
You say the old guilds had too much pride? McRaging was a family orientated guild and it was open to anyone of any age. We had many parents and children who belonged to our guild.
When you say privileged, I don't quite know what you mean. Because we were Founders?
Ref the Forum.....Achilles set up the site and ran it himself to begin with. We didn't know it at the time but he had ties with Captain Walter who was actually a member of our site and went under the name of the 'Enchanted One'.
A few of us adults were asked to become Admin in various capacities for the site to help Achilles. To make you a full Admin would have been a mistake (if it had happened) As I said I don't remember it. Sorry.

I certainly said I think the oldest guilds had quite a bit much of pride. Obviously It is in my own opinion and should be taken as a fact for everyone. Yup well, it happened, I didn't know it was a mistake, but it was withing the margin of possibility. I didn't change anything, obviously, and didn't intend any changes. I wouldn't blame someone making me an admin, I think I managed to be a good admin overall in different forums. I didn't do anything of course, so even if it was a mistake, no ill intend at all from my part, rather I looked for you and we chatted, and I told you about it, so next day or so I wasn't an admin anymore, not unexpected, but you were very disbelieving yourself when I brought it up to your attention . Cheers

I was also an admin on the DisneyPotco site and don't remember the issue that you speak of but mistakes happen. Glad to see you back in the game!

Shot yourself in the foot.
Don't worry, I shoot myself in the foot sometimes too. It's not a good feeling.

f8b27de1c41e3776380552d96fb746b3528d7ab727225b1a2e365f91de71ac19.jpg

Back