Discussion The upcoming POTC movie.

Johnnygunmorris

Buccaneer
I've been thinking on how the future would play out if this one didn't end on a cliffhanger and it ended the series as we know it.
I know the game will spike for a bit due to the new movie and everything, but eventually seeing Jack Sparrow would be pretty sad in my opinion, due to the franchise being finally ended after a prolonged movie series that the game was (sort of) based off of. I wonder if we would eventually need to switch away from the movie series if this is the last one and focus more on new characters or story line.
(I do NOT want this to be clear with you all, this is just part of my thoughts when watching these movie trailers and Depp is getting old.
What are your all's thoughts on the future?

I think you're right and eventually the storyline would have to be shifted after the end of the potc series. Johnny Depp is getting pretty old, but personally I don't think thatll stop him from continuing.

POTC is one of Disney's most successful franchises it seems. I think there will be one more after this one in 2019/2020 and then it will have had a strong run. Either way, I will continue to enjoy the game, the movie, and being in the community for as long as I can :D

Back