Discussion The Watcher Background Questions and More

ThatCreepyKnit

Pirate Apprentice
I'm more curious on a couple things and questions about the Watcher. 1st does the watcher have an actual background story? If not I think one needs to be made due to location and the fact you can only fight the watcher during October (even though it's extended til the end of November). 2nd the whispering the watcher is echoing does that actually mean something? Is it in a different language and if so why? If not and it's just random whispering then you can build off those ideas and make a story about the watcher.

I thought of her as two things (and bear with me. These aren't POSSIBLY true, but they're just my personal theories about her). She's either a possible mother who died due to a curse and the whispers are her children who passed as well but try to communicate to her to calm her from her fury of death. Or she's simply a spirit that speaks softly to pirates like a siren luring her prey to death, using the whispers to sound eerily playful or soothing, only to reveal herself as a demonic spirit in thirst for blood (Dark?). Once again though, these are just my views on her, but overall for many of us she's just a spooky, scary ghost boss that's pretty hard to take down.

Back