Thing of the past or not? What do you think?

Remy

Wanted Pirate
I always hear people saying "Books and Reading are becoming a thing of the past" and that people watch Tv more than anything anymore. I honestly hope it doesn't become a thing of the past because Without books there wouldn't be any storylines for movies and such.
What do you think? Do you think it'll become a thing of the past? If so why? :reading:

This is an interesting thing to ponder. I don't quite know if it will or won't. I think it can be a thing of the past IN THE SENSE that it won't be all ink on paper and is instead pixels and bytes floating in the air. However, with the increasingly more visually dependent and less do society that seems to be developing it could very well be all hear and say and no reading.

Writing as in hand-written form is already becoming slowly but surely a thing of the past along with the already dead writing form of cursive.

So with the death of writing impending coming. It's easy to assume physical books will be soon to die also but I think there's just too many out there to have it become a thing of the past.

Your other point of reading becoming a thing of the past is way far off in the future. Currently, everything we do requires some form of reading unless of course you're watching TV which requires nothing more than to turn it on, switch channels and mess with the volume but I know that the blind have computers that allow things to be read to them and dictate a reply. That is our future. To be able to listen to what someone else said and then say whatever it is you want back. I hope though that this future doesn't come along until I'm placed 5 feet underground. I don't think I'm ready nor willing to handle becoming an invalid that relies so heavily on a computer.

Back