things i have learned from ship customization

BenzansaleenS7s

Honorable Pirate
- Cargo upgrade III has the abilility to choose from 3 different types of ammo to shoot out of your broadsides. There is 2 types of fire and skull and bones which is fury
- Cargo upgrade III also has about a 50% armor upgrade if you buy one of the broadside ammo types (the ammo can be found in the weapon shop)
- a rumor says that war brig has a max armor amount of 27000 hp (this may or may not be true)
- Hunters will give 90% of the time ship materials if the hunter is originally coming after you
- Hunters that come after someone else but you kill it will give ship materials but are more rare
- Warships will almost always give rare ship materials
- the skill point upgrades are almost pointless bc they waste alot of money for just a single skill point.
- be sure you know what emblem and color you choose because your money wears down fast if you change it
- If you want to survive... be a real person and just repair.. you still get ship materials even if you do not hit the ship
- Its better if you do your material scavenge on a quiet server due to the large amount of crashes on the ideal servers
These are based off of what i have experienced so far. If you have any other things to share plz comment.

i thought shooting fury and firebrand was just a myth for shooting out of broadsides. im shocked to see pirates can actually do this :D havent seen anybody do that yet

- a rumor says that war brig has a max armor amount of 27000 hp (this may or may not be true)

This isn't true.. but if it were.. think about how much armor a war frigate can have, since it has more than brig. o_o

- Hunters will give 90% of the time ship materials if the hunter is originally coming after you
- Hunters that come after someone else but you kill it will give ship materials but are more rare

I think they will give ship materials 100% of the time unless another ship fired the killing blow (correct me if I'm wrong.. anyone), or you're filled with only loot chests, loot skull chests, material chests, and rare material chests.

- the skill point upgrades are almost pointless bc they waste alot of money for just a single skill point.

They can boost up to 2.. and they are very useful to gain an edge in SvS :)

- If you want to survive... be a real person and just repair.. you still get ship materials even if you do not hit the ship
- Its better if you do your material scavenge on a quiet server due to the large amount of crashes on the ideal servers

And yes!!

Skill point upgrades dont even work... you get materials 100% of the time from hunters/warships... every ship type has the choice of rank IV upgrades which give you a percentage of an ammo shot, either firebrand fury explosives or thunderbolt... the max armor a war brig can have so far is just a little over 18000... the fixed it so if its your hunter you always get the materials as long as you hit it.

Skill point upgrades dont even work... you get materials 100% of the time from hunters/warships... every ship type has the choice of rank IV upgrades which give you a percentage of an ammo shot, either firebrand fury explosives or thunderbolt... the max armor a war brig can have so far is just a little over 18000... the fixed it so if its your hunter you always get the materials as long as you hit it.

The tc upgrade is working for me.. I've heard that the full sail one is a bit glitchy though.

- Cargo upgrade III has the abilility to choose from 3 different types of ammo to shoot out of your broadsides. There is 2 types of fire and skull and bones which is fury
- Cargo upgrade III also has about a 50% armor upgrade if you buy one of the broadside ammo types (the ammo can be found in the weapon shop)
- be sure you know what emblem and color you choose because your money wears down fast if you change it
These are based off of what i have experienced so far. If you have any other things to share plz comment.
Wow! I never knew that if you upgraded your ship you would get a different type of ammo you can shoot! This makes me want to get unlimited much more now! The worse part is that I have the gold to afford it all too!

Oh good, I have the full sail one, it doesn't work.
Oddly enough.. the Full Sail upgrade seems to work if you have another full sail-boosting sailing item attached. I tried my SC War Sloop (Full Sail Boost) with the Rumrunner's Sea Chart, and it lasts significantly longer (as long as R10 should), whereas without my Rumrunner's, it lasts as long as R5 does (20 seconds)

I just obtained Cargo (upgrade III) yesterday & when I visited the gunsmith on Padres, I did not see special option (of any kind) pertaining to what you claim? Am I missing something :confused:??? How did you come about this understanding, mate?

They can boost up to 2.. and they are very useful to gain an edge in SvS :)

Aye, I was wondering James since I do SVS myself.

The rigging (skill point) upgrades seem to be quite "pricey" (along with the quantity of materials needed), if I was to go this route. Do you still feel the limitation of only a few points is worth the sacrifice?

*Also...is it worth "training over" my sailing skill points to maximize the return of gold while plundering for materials? I have NO treasure sense points currently but I have a charm which only boots the point by one. Does this one point boost even work as I have nothing placed on treasure sense?

It will cost me 10k to train over my sailing skills inorder to max out my treasure sense. My goal is to maximize my gold at this time for the purpose of ship customization.

Sadly, SVS...for me...is placed on hold for the moment.

The rigging (skill point) upgrades seem to be quite "pricey" (along with the quantity of materials needed), if I was to go this route. Do you still feel the limitation of only a few points is worth the sacrifice?

I do.. the TC boost has been doing well on my War Sloop; it allows me to win a few "brawls" with other gunning war sloops if it ever comes to it (and the gold spent will easily be replaced through SvS). As for materials, I guess it depends, but I seem to always get a high amount of canvas, silk, iron, steel, etc. on my runs if I get over 15 rare materials chests every round, so I never had a problem.
*Also...is it worth "training over" my sailing skill points to maximize the return of gold while plundering for materials? I have NO treasure sense points currently but I have a charm which only boots the point by one. Does this one point boost even work as I have nothing placed on treasure sense?

It will cost me 10k to train over my sailing skills inorder to max out my treasure sense. My goal is to maximize my gold at this time for the purpose of ship customization.
I wouldn't. I don't invest in Treasure Sense (why do that when you could put it into tacking instead?) and I use Steel Ram while driving, but I don't seem to have trouble with Gold output. As long as you stay in the Hinterseas area, you should be comfortably getting royal chests without TS, I think.

If gold is really a problem, I found Red Beard's guide pretty useful; otherwise I'm sure you could gain it back in SvS later.

I just obtained Cargo (upgrade III) yesterday & when I visited the gunsmith on Padres, I did not see special option (of any kind) pertaining to what you claim? Am I missing something :confused:??? How did you come about this understanding, mate?
I think he means that you can buy the "Copperhead" upgrade, which gives a 5% explosive broadside chance and 50% extra hull (among other things).. it's buyable as an upgrade at the shipwright.

The tc upgrade is working for me.. I've heard that the full sail one is a bit glitchy though.
We should meet up and test these together because I am not sure if this correct. Not that i don't believe you but i will believe it when i see it lol. None of the rigging upgrades have worked for me or anyone hat i have been with.

We should meet up and test these together because I am not sure if this correct. Not that i don't believe you but i will believe it when i see it lol. None of the rigging upgrades have worked for me or anyone hat i have been with.
I (or Chris Calicostack) can probably show you.. it's been working for both of us so far.

Back