Question This rollback..

Yesterday after 11:59am time I got 180.000 gold in blackjack all at once ( Pretty painful since my luck is bad ) and grinded 1000 iron for my tier 6 copperhead war frigate... guys.... I am sure I am not the only one that will be massively affected by you rolling it back 1 whole day. How about those people who grinded potions from level 1 to 20 yesterday ?... this will do more harm than good.... some people could of even gotten el patrons sword yesterday and have no way of getting it back.

Today, I was hoping to get to sail my tier 6 copperhead I worked very hard for. Now it turns out I am going to lose it and have to re do the whole day :(.

Last edited:
some people could of even gotten el patrons sword yesterday and have no way of getting it back.

Yep, I was one of those people.

I lost a lot more than that too, since I didn't log in yesterday until like 3 something pm EST, well after the time it was rolled back to. And I was super productive yesterday as well.

You know what though? It's Beta. Heck, Disney had shenanigans like this going on in POTCO after the full release.
Yeah, I had to go take a breather to cool down (Background: I've never had a lot of luck with loot, hence my reaction to the news), but as long as the game is able to still be working, it's whatever /shrug

Besides, I still have the screens :D

Yep, I was one of those people.

I lost a lot more than that too, since I didn't log in yesterday until like 3 something pm EST, well after the time it was rolled back to. And I was super productive yesterday as well.

You know what though? It's Beta. Heck, Disney had shenanigans like this going on in POTCO after the full release.
Yeah, I had to go take a breather to cool down (Background: I've never had a lot of luck with loot, hence my reaction to the news), but as long as the game is able to still be working, it's whatever /shrug

Besides, I still have the screens :D
I'm sorry to hear, thats terrible! But hey, it's not the end of the world and theres always a chance of getting it back, or getting silver freeze (if you don't already have it) :) happy plundering

Yesterday after 11:59am time I got 180.000 gold in blackjack all at once ( Pretty painful since my luck is bad ) and grinded 1000 iron for my tier 6 copperhead war frigate... guys.... I am sure I am not the only one that will be massively affected by you rolling it back 1 whole day. How about those people who grinded potions from level 1 to 20 yesterday ?... this will do more harm than good.... some people could of even gotten el patrons sword yesterday and have no way of getting it back.

Today, I was hoping to get to sail my tier 6 copperhead I worked very hard for. Now it turns out I am going to lose it and have to re do the whole day :(.
That's beta, LOL!

I think a heads up prior to the rollback would of been nice so that way people would know not to be productive so they wouldn't have lost all their goodies

While I didn't actually lose any loot (thank god for the bright blue sack repeat), I still gotta grind sailing up and that's always a pain. But hey, now I have odds at getting a not repeat bright blue sack at the same level as I was before.

Well, good news is I got my ship back after hours of work. (more hours of blackjack for 200k, stayed up all night doing that )
2Copperhead_6_-_own_-_updated.jpg

2Copperhead_6_-driving-_updated.jpg

Thank god that was the last tier 6 ship.

I lost an entire day of questing the black pearl, honestly this is worse than losing a famed or gold... these quests are so tedious, so repetitive and boring it's crazy....

as compensation for the rollback they should hand out rewards such as the heart of padres, viper's kiss, something like that.

This rollback is.... i lost 2 famed weapons and now i have to grind pistol to lvl 30 again..... i know this is beta but dang

That's beta, LOL!
I know this is late but rollbacks really shouldn't be happening at this point in beta It's more of an alpha stage thing but oh well. Maybe I'm holding this game to too high standards, but I guess crap happens. Take this as a bump in the road and move on. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

I know this is late but rollbacks really shouldn't be happening at this point in beta It's more of an alpha stage thing but oh well. Maybe I'm holding this game to too high standards, but I guess crap happens. Take this as a bump in the road and move on. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Well, considering the original game rolled back numerous times in its full release (the last I recall was in 2012 where someone went from level 42 to level 20), I'd say a rollback or two in a beta should probably be expected, wouldn't you say? Things happen that can't always be predicted, the period of the game or how long it's been out is irrelevant to that. Saying rollbacks should only occur in alpha is simply not feasible, and anyone who's in game design, or programming in general, would tell you the same thing.

As for happening again, it very well could. There's no way to predict stuff that could be bad enough to cause a rollback, and it can happen to any game at any time. Even popular games like World of Warcraft could suffer from something that could force a rollback (albeit this would be pretty rare given their resources, but possible nonetheless).

At the end of the day, just enjoy the game, things like this are pretty rare ;)

Back