Thread Killer

Right now I'm printing a "weighted companion cube" for my physics teacher, 'cause she is really into portal. Then who knows what else.
I printed this little Hotei statue the other day as a test, and learned that the center of the print is in a sort of column pattern, so I should always offset a print, or do the tallest solid part in the center to not have it affect any detail.
1581463708726.png

So basically, there's this little cylinder that print in the direct center of the platform, probably because it's not centered perfectly.
So if I don't want that cylinder, I have to move the model I'm printing away from the center of the platform.
Edit: woops, it wasn't 5 minutes, oh well

So basically, there's this little cylinder that print in the direct center of the platform, probably because it's not centered perfectly.
So if I don't want that cylinder, I have to move the model I'm printing away from the center of the platform.
Edit: woops, it wasn't 5 minutes, oh well
Right now I'm printing a "weighted companion cube" for my physics teacher, 'cause she is really into portal. Then who knows what else.
I printed this little Hotei statue the other day as a test, and learned that the center of the print is in a sort of column pattern, so I should always offset a print, or do the tallest solid part in the center to not have it affect any detail.
View attachment 118349
You did a good job for that being your first or almost first time. *Hoping you get the centering issue worked out. (Kinda reminds of the frustration expressed within this NSFW scene of 'Jurrasic Park'):
JP2GI.gif

well usually during the week im here but things got crazy last week and the weekends im basically dead at work. that would be epic to do a sloop or frigate or the bp

I mean, the compass would definitely be possible, it's a pretty simple shape. That being said, I'm not sure I'd choose plastic as my first method of creating it.

Back