Screenshots TLOPO Beta - Famed+ Legendary + Bright Loot

screenshot_2017-06-19_21-00-03.jpg

I GOT THIS TODAY FROM SAILING :D :D I was freaking out when I saw it. Had 2 back in POTCO, happy to have it back :) I disconnected too so luckily I got back in time and we didn't sink (I was the one driving and we had warships). Loot has been quite dry for me in TLOPO when it comes to weapons, but I can't complain anymore :p

Attachments

• screenshot_2017-06-19_15-42-46.jpg
    screenshot_2017-06-19_15-42-46.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 231
This is probably gonna be my last post here because I'm quitting if this is irreversible: I got this and the skull chest randomly disappeared:
screenshot_2017-06-19_19-44-54.jpg

I have gotten nothing but garbage for the past two weeks and it pays off in a famed that randomly disappeared because of an anomaly that never happened in POTCO or earlier TLOPO. This is honestly my breaking point if my attempts to fix this don't work. If such is the case, it's been an honor, but this isn't fun anymore.

This is probably gonna be my last post here because I'm quitting if this is irreversible: I got this and the skull chest randomly disappeared:
View attachment 85057

I have gotten nothing but garbage for the past two weeks and it pays off in a famed that randomly disappeared because of an anomaly that never happened in POTCO or earlier TLOPO. This is honestly my breaking point if my attempts to fix this don't work. If such is the case, it's been an honor, but this isn't fun anymore.
I guess we disagree on this, but I'd rather have bad loot on an existing game than no loot on a nonexistent one.

Better luck elsewhere, I guess.

View attachment 85057

I agree bro, loot is definitely totally messed up right now. I'm not home right now and need to look through all my loot screens to be positive, but I'm about 99% sure I've gotten no good new bright and only 1 or 2 famed outside of fishing since beta reopened. And I've looted a ton over this past month. That's just not accurate if this game is trying to emulate POTCO's looting system.

I agree bro, loot is definitely totally messed up right now. I'm not home right now and need to look through all my loot screens to be positive, but I'm about 99% sure I've gotten no good new bright and only 1 or 2 famed outside of fishing since beta reopened. And I've looted a ton over this past month. That's just not accurate if this game is trying to emulate POTCO's looting system.

Honestly, since I loot was originally released in what, 2013? I've held the belief different pirates just aren't as lucky. I looted for AGES on my old main Pirate Guy and I was reward with some decent famed, decent brights, not too shabby but not great for my amount of time. I created a new pirate and just exploded. Incredible brights, Thunderspine, 2 Lost Swords, etc. In TLOPO I made Jack Fireskull again, same thing- famed out the wazoo, great clothing, etc. and yet my new pirate gets absolutely nothing. It's all random and if you're all a plateau, I'd recommend making a new pirate and seeing what's out there.

I understand that not finding what you would like to find is infuriating, but that doesn't mean something is wrong with TLOPO. However, I do know it's highly possible that loot is not perfected yet. Regardless, there is already a vast variety of "good stuff" to find.

To the game, brights are brights and famed/legendary are famed/legendary. It can be just as rare to find a bright yellow head band as it is dark black cotton trousers. If you haven't found what you are looking for, keep looking!

I recall much complaining back in POTCO. Full-time looters couldn't stand that they had been looking for a certain legendary for years, and had not gotten it yet. Meanwhile, ten other people had found it. They could have found 6 of the legendary, but since that one eluded them, then they felt that Disney owed them for some reason. If you doubt this, just review this thread: https://piratesforums.co/threads/potco-loot-brights-famed-and-legendary.6640/.

The game owes you no loot of any kind, no matter how long you've spent looking for it. Searching is part of the game! It would be absolutely no fun if the "good stuff" was easy to find. You'd play for a month, find everything, become bored stiff, and the magic would disappear.

Does it really make sense to find 50 total brights, but since not one is what you wanted, to complain that something must be wrong? Where is it guaranteed that you will have imminent success?

On a slightly related note: POTCO did have disappearing loot containers even if you had them open on your screen. There is a time limit. Grab your stuff before it expires. This is NOT a bug.

Try to remember to have fun. Enjoy what you have found already. Let yourself be surprised when that magical item pops up. Don't be impatient to the point of complaining and ruining everyone else's fun.

Back