TLOPO Concept

YiggityYuh

Honorable Pirate
Again, I do not see this happening within anywhere short of years but I had an huge idea about a brand new update to the game...
images

This would be a major expansion to the game, adding a new brand of enemies, a new port, more quest lines, and much more. I know this probably won't happen nor could it happen any time soon, but I was curious on what people thought about it? What do you think? Would you like to see a Singapore expansion or do you feel that the game is best with the enemies and land it has?

I don't really see how Singapore would fit into the Caribbean, seeing as how it's in Asia, and there wasn't an easy way to get from there to Asia, which is why the Caribbean was colonized by the major European countries in the first place.

I don't really see how Singapore would fit into the Caribbean, seeing as how it's in Asia, and there wasn't an easy way to get from there to Asia, which is why the Caribbean was colonized by the major European countries in the first place.
That is a very good point, then again i was curious about how that worked in the movie too but after researching about it they apparently came up closer to the Caribbean than when they left worlds end.

That is a very good point, then again i was curious about how that worked in the movie too but after researching about it they apparently came up closer to the Caribbean than when they left worlds end.
The reason they went to Singapore was to "obtain" the map from Sao Feng, as his family was in possession of it. That's really the sole purpose of that entire expedition to that part of the world.

It would be a cool addition, only thing is, it would pretty much be a new game. If you have ever played StarCraft II, it took them 2-3 years to create the first expansion, same with the second. They even had a full team of developers.

Once people got to level 50, they really just hunted for legendary items and helped out newbies. So added this would add a completely different storyline which would really be effective to maxed out players.

Nice idea, but not in the near future.

how about a Colonies update? adding the stuff..a new SVS island for Colonies..

who would not want to sail the Colonies flag as they sink hostile ships?

Again, as this Caribbean based, adding the 13 British colonies (I'm assuming this is what you mean, if so feel free to correct me) wouldn't really make sense either since they had no part in the Caribbean.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Jolly Roger's Island become a reality...

http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Jolly_Roger's_Island
I like the idea and I think it should've happened, but it kind of brings the game to a finish as Jolly Roger is the key villain in the game, though there would still be room to go with Davy Jones and the EITC, you know on second thought yeah I think it was reasonable XD funny how several seconds can change your mind. Also @Roger_ Gunshot I did some more research and the Singapore in POTC was meant to be a fictional version of historical Singapore, in that it was in co-ordinance with the Caribbean Islands instead of a long journey to Asia. Also with some thought the game's sea map is not in style of conforming to historical charts and the movies themselves were far fetched as it were. I don't know, i guess if devs ever wanted it in the far future they'd do it and if not they wouldn't XD

The Singapore in the films is definitely located as it is in the real world, and there's no reason to believe otherwise.

On the other hand, an update can add Singapore to another quadrant that can't be accessed via sailing in the general Caribbean sea. Instead to get there we should have unlocked a totem for teleportation. That would sound really exciting! Imaging traversing an entirely aesthetically different sea with different wild islands.

On a similar note, the sea around the Farthest Gate can also be added, followed by which we can enter Davy Jones' Locker via World's End.

The Singapore in the films is definitely located as it is in the real world, and there's no reason to believe otherwise.

On the other hand, an update can add Singapore to another quadrant that can't be accessed via sailing in the general Caribbean sea. Instead to get there we should have unlocked a totem for teleportation. That would sound really exciting! Imaging traversing an entirely aesthetically different sea with different wild islands.

On a similar note, the sea around the Farthest Gate can also be added, followed by which we can enter Davy Jones' Locker via World's End.
Or a mechanic where you just sail to a certain area of the sea and it gives you a prompt to set sail for Singapore, leading to a loading screen and ship teleportation to a new sea area with Singapore.

a way to do it, speak to someone on the dock and "stow away" in a crate or on a ship, next screen..Singapore

Quite the idea, good sir.

I imagine as it would be instanced it could be added to the game as a pseudo-expansion for players after the main story line is complete.

"After his villainous attempts to slay Jack and subjugate the Caribbean failed, Jolly turns his hollow gaze to the east to lick his wounds and plot revenge."

This sounds really cool! :)

I'm definitely keeping this in mind.

Chris

That's great to hear!

My personal suggestion is that you implement the various Caribbean islands first. We have so much scope for other factions like Spanish, French, Dutch, etc. and other colonial islands of the Caribbean. Apart from those, there are the already established fictional islands from the films and books such as Isla Sirena, Whitecap Bay, Isla Pelegostos, Shipwreck Cove, Isla Cruces, etc.

Of course, Singapore would be different and visually vibrant. Maybe you can try adopting the models from the At World's End video game.

That's great to hear!

My personal suggestion is that you implement the various Caribbean islands first. We have so much scope for other factions like Spanish, French, Dutch, etc. and other colonial islands of the Caribbean. Apart from those, there are the already established fictional islands from the films and books such as Isla Sirena, Whitecap Bay, Isla Pelegostos, Shipwreck Cove, Isla Cruces, etc.

Of course, Singapore would be different and visually vibrant. Maybe you can try adopting the models from the At World's End video game.
I agree that there could be a wider scope for the other factions. I think that for the French and Spanish islands, there's 2 parts to winning a battle. First, you have to break through sea defenses, then land on the island, and fight the land defenses. All of the defenders at sea will be players, and the majority of the ones on land could be players, with a few NPC's here and there. I think the only problem would be coding it all to function together smoothly....

I agree that there could be a wider scope for the other factions. I think that for the French and Spanish islands, there's 2 parts to winning a battle. First, you have to break through sea defenses, then land on the island, and fight the land defenses. All of the defenders at sea will be players, and the majority of the ones on land could be players, with a few NPC's here and there. I think the only problem would be coding it all to function together smoothly....
Yep, I delved into it extensively/summarized it here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TLOPO/comments/4a6zdv/idea_pvp_on_islands/

Back