Discussion TLOPO Questions

Sam Lockgrim

Pirate Apprentice
Okay I have a few questions about how the game is going so far. If you have an answer just put the number of the question before so I know what you're talking about.
1. What is Isle Escondida? I haven't really been active on forums and release notes, but many months ago I was told the game would be restored to it's former glory before any new content was added. We would all get the old game just the way it was and then awesome new things would arrive as if the game was never deleted and updates came out every once in a while to keep things interesting. Is this coming out at the same time as everything else or some time after the full release? I know there is the business of another remake and TLOPO. Is this just something to gain interest and attention to sway opinions. I hop back and forth from both sites because I couldn't care less about who makes it, I'm just a huge fan of the game and would love to play it again.

2. What's the deal with chests? I played POTCO sooooo much when I was younger, and I know for a fact that each person had something different in a chest, and it would stay up until either a time limit ran out or everyone who participated in getting the kill retrieved their specific award. However, when I played the game in it's current status, albeit a few months ago, everyone could see the same things in the chest, and only one person could open it and get things out of it. Is this still a thing? It definitely should no be if so.

3. When is the estimated full release of the game if there is one or something remotely close to one?

Hmmm... I felt like I had something else to ask, but these 3 will quench me thirst for knowledge for the time being.
P.S. I distinctly remember a killer wasp in Wicked Thicket in the gap between the two giant roots on the left when you enter from the beach, NOT a bat! This is an outrage and must be the number one priority to fix if it hasn't been already, because I only saw it months ago so it may already be fixed. Check the epic 3 hr. John Foulroberts video if you think I'm wrong, which I may be.

Last edited:
1. Isla Escondida is a new island that will be added by the developers. It was not previously in the game.

2. This is a glitch. When it is fixed, all players will be able to get loot from chests.

3. There are no set release dates and the developers have decided not to make any in the future.

To add on to what Stormtimbers said on 2, I believe this has been fixed, as I was looting with I think 10+ people, and we didn't get the same thing in the chests each time. Multiple people can access it, so long as no one press "Take All" which will remove the pouch/chest, rendering everyone else incapable of getting what's inside it.

Okay I have a few questions about how the game is going so far. If you have an answer just put the number of the question before so I know what you're talking about.
1. What is Isle Escondida? I haven't really been active on forums and release notes, but many months ago I was told the game would be restored to it's former glory before any new content was added. We would all get the old game just the way it was and then awesome new things would arrive as if the game was never deleted and updates came out every once in a while to keep things interesting. Is this coming out at the same time as everything else or some time after the full release? I know there is the business of another remake and TLOPO. Is this just something to gain interest and attention to sway opinions. I hop back and forth from both sites because I couldn't care less about who makes it, I'm just a huge fan of the game and would love to play it again.

2. What's the deal with chests? I played POTCO sooooo much when I was younger, and I know for a fact that each person had something different in a chest, and it would stay up until either a time limit ran out or everyone who participated in getting the kill retrieved their specific award. However, when I played the game in it's current status, albeit a few months ago, everyone could see the same things in the chest, and only one person could open it and get things out of it. Is this still a thing? It definitely should no be if so.

3. When is the estimated full release of the game if there is one or something remotely close to one?

Hmmm... I felt like I had something else to ask, but these 3 will quench me thirst for knowledge for the time being.
P.S. I distinctly remember a killer wasp in Wicked Thicket in the gap between the two giant roots on the left when you enter from the beach, NOT a bat! This is an outrage and must be the number one priority to fix if it hasn't been already, because I only saw it months ago so it may already be fixed. Check the epic 3 hr. John Foulroberts video if you think I'm wrong, which I may be.

1. New content will not be added until after full release of the game. This includes Isla Escondida

2. That was a bug, please report it if you're still encountering it.

3. We do not currently have a date for anything.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to PM me or any staff member - we're more than happy to answer them if we can :)

Fair winds pirate, hope to see you in-game!

P.S. Mind taking a picture of where this insect is supposed to be? Such a tragedy can not go unfixed! ;)

y'all could at least try to give him an estimate. "There are no set dates" says nothing, It'll probably be at least 3 months before open beta, and likely more like 6+. They're still just trying to make the game playable again, so opening it up for everyone is awhile away considering server stability and such.

y'all could at least try to give him an estimate. "There are no set dates" says nothing, It'll probably be at least 3 months before open beta, and likely more like 6+. They're still just trying to make the game playable again, so opening it up for everyone is awhile away considering server stability and such.
I could indeed give him an estimate, but he has incurred my Hidden Wrath.

We do not currently have an estimate, apologies, and we've never said anything about 3-6 months that I recall.

We do not currently have an estimate, apologies, and we've never said anything about 3-6 months that I recall.
you're right, I'm sure no TLOPO staff member ever gave any sort of time related estimate regarding open beta. that was my own personal estimate, and it is by no means accurate and I never claimed it to be. I'm just trying to give OP an idea of how long it'll probably be until open beta in my opinion, because to newer members it's probably more informative than "we have no set dates". I understand you don't want to promise anything, and that's fine, but to newer members who genuinely have no idea when open beta could come, it's helpful to tell them that it probably won't be in the coming weeks, and could be many months away.

To Johnny Telltale: Thank you, I have an infinite knowledge of the game because of my obsession in years past.
To everyone who gave me answers: Thank you!

you're right, I'm sure no TLOPO staff member ever gave any sort of time related estimate regarding open beta. that was my own personal estimate, and it is by no means accurate and I never claimed it to be. I'm just trying to give OP an idea of how long it'll probably be until open beta in my opinion, because to newer members it's probably more informative than "we have no set dates". I understand you don't want to promise anything, and that's fine, but to newer members who genuinely have no idea when open beta could come, it's helpful to tell them that it probably won't be in the coming weeks, and could be many months away.

Newer members may assume this was said by a developer, so just making sure. ;)

No set dates may not be as informative as you like, but it's the simple truth - there are no set dates.

To Johnny Telltale: Thank you, I have an infinite knowledge of the game because of my obsession in years past.
To everyone who gave me answers: Thank you!

This makes me very happy to hear :)

Back