To much rep

Jack Cannonskull

Pirate Lord
When I am fighting enemies at land I seem to be getting the right amount of rep for the weapon I'm using but it seems like I'm getting WAY TO MUCH notoriety rep maybe I'm wrong but I can level really fast by just killing land enemies. I'm getting the same rep for my weapon in my notoriety and its like around 45-99 so its way to much for notoriety. I think this should be changed like if you get 60 rep for killing an enemy all of that 60 will go into your weapon and 1/4 of 60 should go into your notoriety. So your getting the full rep for your weapon but much less for your notoriety. Maybe I'm wrong but as I recall I would never be able to level that fast in POTCO.

Sorry the title was supposed to be Too much rep.

Aye, the rep seems normal. Remember, at lower levels there's a combination of two factors going for you:

1) Leveling up requires less rep in total
2) You have lower skills, which means your pirate is repeating those skills many times to defeat an enemy. Using a doll and only having poke and curse is completely different than at the end when you can drain an enemy's life. Those repetitions all add up rep, especially at an evenly matched or low red enemy.

On a slightly related factor, if I recall correctly, the enemy color scheme was 3 levels yellow for the optimal, 3 levels green under the yellow and below that all green. Above, of course, was all red, and you could attack the first three red levels with normal attacks. If you tried to attack higher than that, though, your weapon's damage would be detracted from by a percentage that increased as you got further and further away.

That's why attacking a level 19 Veteran with level 8 sword lent almost all hits of single digits, because it was way out of range.

I don't know if TLOPO is working to implement that yet.

Back