Suggestion Trading Card Upgrade System

Stormtimbers

Pirate Lord
In both card games, higher cards are typically the most valuable. However, after just a few rounds of playing blackjack, you usually end up with no aces left because you use them the most out of any card in Blackjack.

So, what I propose is a system to trade in lower cards for higher ones.
To trade up, you would need one card from each suit of the same value (total of 4 cards) and you would receive one card of the next value of a random suit.

This system would make it so you can get rid of the less useful low-tier cards for useful high-tier cards, without making high cards too easy to get.

I feel like you're trying to rework the actual game of poker... I guess the whole reason why aces are valuable is because they are rare. The whole idea is to not spend it all in one sitting. That's not a game problem, but more of a personal one that I would compare to portion control. You just gotta be able to save the cards.

I feel like you're trying to rework the actual game of poker... I guess the whole reason why aces are valuable is because they are rare. The whole idea is to not spend it all in one sitting. That's not a game problem, but more of a personal one that I would compare to portion control. You just gotta be able to save the cards.
Why does it matter whether I use the cards now, or tomorrow? I would still be gaining the same amount of money from using them.

Why does it matter whether I use the cards now, or tomorrow? I would still be gaining the same amount of money from using them.
But the reason there are lower tier cards is because they are useful in games like poker. Blackjack and Poker are two different ball parks, and you can't rework the system to only support one of them.

But the reason there are lower tier cards is because they are useful in games like poker. Blackjack and Poker are two different ball parks, and you can't rework the system to only support one of them.
Even in poker, it is a fact that higher cards are more valuable than lower cards

For example:
Aces full of kings wins over threes full of twos
10-J-Q-K-A straight wins over 2-3-4-5-6 straight
Pair of aces wins over pair of fives

I'm torn on this one.
I would love to get rid of all the junk cards on one hand, but the game has always had them on the other.
(find the pun in there...)

Even in poker, it is a fact that higher cards are more valuable than lower cards

For example:
Aces full of kings wins over threes full of twos
10-J-Q-K-A straight wins over 2-3-4-5-6 straight
Pair of aces wins over pair of fives
Even so, you have hands like a straight flush that can win games. It's not like someone is going to have 10-j-q-k-a every time. I'm not denying the fact that higher cards are more valuable, just that lower cards can also be valuable.

Seems to easy? Just farm cards. Simple? If you have too many lower cards, it's simply because the game is designed like that. I can farm quite a lot in a day.

In both card games, higher cards are typically the most valuable. However, after just a few rounds of playing blackjack, you usually end up with no aces left because you use them the most out of any card in Blackjack.

So, what I propose is a system to trade in lower cards for higher ones.
To trade up, you would need one card from each suit of the same value (total of 4 cards) and you would receive one card of the next value of a random suit.

This system would make it so you can get rid of the less useful low-tier cards for useful high-tier cards, without making high cards too easy to get.

Love it I swear I have a couple hundred cards I'm never going to use whatsoever! I would certainly love more aces up my sleeve!

Back