Glitch Treasure Sense is Broken

GothicRide

Sea Legs
So the past day or so i have been testing and running calculations to double check my results with looting

i compared 3 to 6 runs back to back for Mat runs

the results are as follows

This is with Treasure Sense +6
Screenshot_99.png

And this is the run without Treasure Sense at all!
Screenshot_100.png

As you can see there were overall higher mats, gold, items without the skill or items being used
And when you read what the skill does
Screenshot_85.png

It is suppose to improve drops by 27% with item and skill points
instead what it's doing is putting your treasure drops at negative that percentage
This is directly correspondent with my math i ran as well
we take the first run of +6 with 3403 gold acquired which can range in margin of error of up to 5k
then take the second run of 15446 which has a margin of error of up to 17k

we then run the math of 15446 x 0.27
which comes up to 4170.42
this directly shows what the skill is actually doing

what should be happening is we should be getting 19616.42 gold plus drops instead

I just completed a Treasure Sense study last night. I've been working on it quite a while so your post is quite timely. My study was 40 runs each sinking exactly 20 Ogres, 20 runs with 0 Treasure Sense and 20 runs with lvl 8 Treasure Sense. I recorded everything except Treasure Collection items. I still need to do some analysis on the results but there are some things that are certain: Treasure Sense is broken to some degree, whether it is because Treasure Sense is broken or because sea loot in general is broken is uncertain. Treasure Sense does not in any way affect the amount of gold you get. Other things on their face appear unlikely to be significant differences but it looks to me like Treasure Sense is decreasing the number of crates that you get, possibly not significant???

All this plus the history of Treasure Sense makes me speculate that it was intended to increase your gold by decreasing your crates but likely became broken in potco when Disney introduced loot since before loot you simply got more gold by getting more chests and royal chests but when loot came into the mix I suspect that it no longer functioned correctly and that Disney never fixed it.

Soon I will post my results for you to see.

Probably the most interesting thing to come out of the study is nothing to do with Treasure Sense but just how broken sea loot is in general. Every single of my 40 runs ended with 16 items in my hold but I very rarely actually got 16 items when I ported, was pretty random between 13 and 21 if I remember correctly.

My suspicion is that with both Treasure Sense and sea loot being broken even though Treasure Sense does something what it actually does in terms of what you get is virtually nothing. There is some reason to believe that it may hurt your chances of getting loot skulls but I feel the quantities in my study were too low for that to be statistically certain. I will eventually expand my study but after sinking 800 Ogres I will be taking a break from it, lol.

My suspicion is that with both Treasure Sense and sea loot being broken even though Treasure Sense does something what it actually does in terms of what you get is virtually nothing. There is some reason to believe that it may hurt your chances of getting loot skulls but I feel the quantities in my study were too low for that to be statistically certain. I will eventually expand my study but after sinking 800 Ogres I will be taking a break from it, lol.

the looting system seems to be completely RNG, but as results go, Treasure sense compared to no Treasure Sense there is definitely a noticeable difference in terms of how much you get

the looting system seems to be completely RNG, but as results go, Treasure sense compared to no Treasure Sense there is definitely a noticeable difference in terms of how much you get
I have heard that many times from many people. The study mostly suggests that they are mostly wrong. As I said it may be that it is hurting your chances of loot skulls, not certain, and does seem to lower crates but beyond that my sinking of 800 Ogres pretty well shows that it does nothing. For instance the amount of gold came out almost identical in total amount but was more erratic with Treasure Sense than without, the gold amounts were large and so statistically quite certain. I do think it is doing something but the net effect is basically zero. With the standard deviations that I see it is entirely possible that it does absolutely nothing but a few of the numbers look in the range of what you might get if it were doing something so, I need to do more analysis and probably expand the study.

I just completed a Treasure Sense study last night...but there are some things that are certain: Treasure Sense is broken to some degree...

...but likely became broken in potco when Disney introduced loot since before loot you simply got more gold by getting more chests and royal chests but when loot came into the mix I suspect that it no longer functioned correctly and that Disney never fixed it...
This /\ right here. Also, if you conduct a search on this forums for Treasure Sense, there are some past threads this forums has which discuss readily this and other interesting subjects.

"Treasure Sense" has never lived up to it's hype within at least POTCO and so it was basically deemed useless according to those of us whom tried to figure out it's intent. ;)

Back