Trying To Expand in Videos After Potco Closing

Basil Darkratte

Site Founder
I think it just hit me that Pirates Online is closed - for good. All the ships, islands, stump bosses, Raven's Cove, Eric Blueskull, and Basil Darkratte - gone forever. Pirates Online is what really started me into making videos for YouTube. I started making videos well before that, but it was mostly with out any aim. I felt comfortable making Potco videos - until a few months ago, when I made a video that I was going on a hiatus. Back then, I could tell that the game was declining. And now that the game is gone, now what? Where do I go from here? I've been planning to move away from gaming and to start actually making videos to expand in my audience. I posted a video about Akinator - the web genie that could guess what you are thinking after asking a few questions. It's still in the gaming category but I would like to move off from that - perhaps into something like vlogger.

Of course, I would need to have a camera but that's not really a main issue at the moment. But it would be nice if I could just get out there.

Back