Blog Post Tune Into a Development Stream!

Posted by Bryan Muschter on Oct. 1, 2016, 4 p.m.

0c62364e9651f57214c67769679b7fa1.png

Hello everyone!

Tomorrow we will reach the second week of Alpha’s closing -- the team is super excited about Beta and has been working non-stop on optimizing the game to bring you the best experience. If you haven't heard already, there will be a series of contests for Beta Keys and other prizes held on Pirates Forums, so don't forget to sail over there and check them out!

As promised, we will be keeping you up to date on what we have been working on. Today, I’ll be hosting a Twitch Stream where I’ll show the magic behind PVP! This will hopefully give you a taste of what development looks like for the team. The stream will start at 8:00PM EDT and end at 9:00PM EDT. It will be hosted here: twitch.tv/pycrypto.

I would love to see you there. Please feel free to stop by!

Last edited by a moderator:
EDT and EST timezones are the same right? Im Super excited for the Dev. Stream. I cant wait to see whats being done
Yes, they are for the same region.

EST: Observing standard time (Fall back)
EDT: Used when observing daylight savings time (Spring ahead)

We have not yet fallen back this year.

EDIT: Oops, didn't mean to quote you @Cheese. Meant to quote @Christopher Cannonskull.

Last edited:
Yes, they are for the same region.

EST: Observing standard time (Fall back)
EDT: Used when observing daylight savings time (Spring ahead)

We have not yet fallen back yet this year.

EDIT: Oops, didn't mean to quote you @Cheese. Meant to quote @Christopher Cannonskull.
Huh, i had no idea we used separate abbreviations for daylight savings time. You learn something new everyday. Thanks a bunch bobby

Awh I missed it! At the rate the team is going at approximately how long will it be till Beta opens? and another question- will the servers be bigger in early beta than alpha? (easier to get a play time)

Awh I missed it! At the rate the team is going at approximately how long will it be till Beta opens? and another question- will the servers be bigger in early beta than alpha? (easier to get a play time)
There are no set dates/times, and they won't give estimates either. It will be released when it's ready. As for the servers, I can't remember. I want to say they'll have more play slots available.. but don't quote me on that. @Cheysa Finn would be able to give you a better answer for this (provided she's allowed to lol).

Beta FAQ: https://piratesforums.co/threads/beta-faqs.13631/

Playtimes will begin at 50 per hour at least, because that's where Alpha left off. If/when we know the server is strong enough, we will add more slots.

Our goal is to let as many play and test as possible, but without bogging down the server and giving everyone a difficult time.

Back