Typing Ship Names

Richard Cannonwalker

Notorious Pirate
I was reading about another pirate game the other day, and one of the main character's ships was the Sea Monkey. Then I started to think: "Wait, we can't have a ship name like that on PotCO. We should be able to though!" I thought we should be able to type our ship names, like we can type our pirate names. What do all ye other freebooters think?

I think that's a good idea, but there should be regulations. No dumb names like "The LOL Sloop" or something and no bad names with 'language' in them. I would personally love to name my ships something different than a list of names that could easily be copied.

I think that's a good idea, but there should be regulations. No dumb names like "The LOL Sloop" or something and no bad names with 'language' in them. I would personally love to name my ships something different than a list of names that could easily be copied.
Yeah, it would have to be approved, much like if you decide to type your name. But the name would have to be reasonable, no "Trololololsloop" or "Tha beastjumpa" or anything of the such. Also, if you could type ship names, what would you name yours? I personally like captaining "The Black Warrior," but perhaps others might not like captaining ships with their generic names.

Back