Unable to Connect to Game

analog_strat

Dockworker
For the last 48 Hours I have been unable to connect to the game. Other people are able to play through their computers at my house so I don't think it is a problem with my wifi network. Right now I can log in through the launcher and I see the screen with the naval combat portrait that loads to 100%, but then I am stuck on a black screen that says "connecting..." and then the application is "not responding" and has to be shut down. Has anybody else experienced this issue or is this just something that I'm dealing with? I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game multiple times.

Attachments

• Pirates Connectivity 1.png
    Pirates Connectivity 1.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Pirates Connectivity 2.png
    Pirates Connectivity 2.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 61
Same. Usually won't connect at all, if it does, after 30 seconds on the game it freezes and crashes no matter what I do. Very frustrating!

Same. Usually won't connect at all, if it does, after 30 seconds on the game it freezes and crashes no matter what I do. Very frustrating!
Hi, Allie, I was able to solve the issue. So I uninstalled the game, then I went to my files and opened files=>computer=>OS=>Program Files. I found the file labeled "TLOPO" and deleted the entire file. This should delete all the game log files and for whatever reason deleting these basically gave the game a clean start and broke the loop of not being able to connect. I then restarted the computer and reinstalled the game and it ran fine for the last hour or so. If you're having the same issue as me this might fix it for you. just be careful to only delete the file titled "TLOPO" because deleting certain files from the operating system folder can obviously cause some big problems lol.

Thanks for the response. Have tried, pored through every file on my computer and redownloaded, a couple of times. Still crashes immediately every time I load the game. There's no hope.

I get "not responding" most times I log in. I'm not sure it ever actually crashes but it can take 5 minutes or more to resolve. I have my little superstition routine ... reduce then full screen the window ... open task manager close task manager ... if nothing else it helps pass the time

Back