Unable to connect

Schizo

Swashbuckler
Haven't been able to connect to the game at all, today.
Was working perfectly fine yesterday, but at the moment I'm getting to the 'connecting...' screen, and the game simply stops responding. No error messages, or anything.

Another change since yesterday, although I have it set to full screen it is launching in windowed mode, now.
Which as I mentioned, wasn't happening before.
Not sure if the two are connected--I don't see how they would be--but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Attachments

• tlopo-200524_071657.log
    7.4 KB · Views: 118
*sigh*
Looks like my lack of patience has once again gotten the better of me.

In the usual fashion, 15 minutes after I report a problem, the issue stops persisting. >.>

Don't know what caused that, or what caused it to stop.
But, doesn't seem like it's happening anymore for the moment.

If you send your game logs to staff members / email the support email, they should be able to tell why your game crashed.

*sigh*
Looks like my lack of patience has once again gotten the better of me.

In the usual fashion, 15 minutes after I report a problem, the issue stops persisting. >.>

Don't know what caused that, or what caused it to stop.
But, doesn't seem like it's happening anymore for the moment.
Can you post your working logs here as well. I was looking at what you supplied and all resolution lines had '0' or false for everything display wise. And only 800x600 too. That seems like a default file to me, but the devs would know that better than I. The staff has posted that the game will default to files when it detects loading problems. So, now I'm wondering how long the game loading process waits before deciding to default stuff. Perhaps that could be an issue some how.
If I remember some game stuff, a lot of programs have wait features and checks during loading and hand shaking and processes they go through when authorizing and probably some internet speed retries and things of that nature. Just getting through a log in correctly isn't all that much fun sometimes. Lots can go wrong both ends.

The devs will be the ones scrutinizing the logs and knowing whats going on, I was just interested if there was anything different in the fail log and the good log. Don't worry about it if you don't want to.

Can you post your working logs here as well. I was looking at what you supplied and all resolution lines had '0' or false for everything display wise. And only 800x600 too. That seems like a default file to me, but the devs would know that better than I. The staff has posted that the game will default to files when it detects loading problems. So, now I'm wondering how long the game loading process waits before deciding to default stuff. Perhaps that could be an issue some how.
If I remember some game stuff, a lot of programs have wait features and checks during loading and hand shaking and processes they go through when authorizing and probably some internet speed retries and things of that nature. Just getting through a log in correctly isn't all that much fun sometimes. Lots can go wrong both ends.

The devs will be the ones scrutinizing the logs and knowing whats going on, I was just interested if there was anything different in the fail log and the good log. Don't worry about it if you don't want to.
By 'working logs' I'm guessing you mean a log from when it launched correctly? If so, sure I can do that.
Interestingly, when I stopped crashing (wasn't an isolated incident, happened quite a few times), All of the settings in game were set to the default, ignoring the changes I made to game_options.txt. (Only thing I had changed was the resolution for fullscreen)
To get it to load the correct options, just had to save the file again.

Attachments

• tlopo-200524_113644.log
    681.1 KB · Views: 84
By 'working logs' I'm guessing you mean a log from when it launched correctly? If so, sure I can do that.
Interestingly, when I stopped crashing (wasn't an isolated incident, happened quite a few times), All of the settings in game were set to the default, ignoring the changes I made to game_options.txt. (Only thing I had changed was the resolution for fullscreen)
To get it to load the correct options, just had to save the file again.
Yep, your first log does say 'default' and hardly anything is on. Even fullscreen lists as false. The game is going into attempt mode by the ninth line of process per the log. Only the devs would know how many things it is doing up to that point. I would imagine the staff has been seeing this to the point of nausea. Hopefully they'll track it down in due time. I'm not sure that fail log could even tell them what end it's having problems on. Their download files or isp or your system. They all have to play nice together.

I've known multi player games that have hard coded install locations. And people had to play all sorts of stuff to get things to work. I would hope those days are behind us.
GL

Another post here, it seems like this occurs after every time I restart my computer.
I've tried re-saving the game_option file (which isn't what solved it last time, but it did fix the settings being loaded as default), and even removing it altogether.
Neither seem to have fixed it.

Don't know if there's an easier fix, but if it goes like last time just gotta keep trying until it eventually works, and then fix the settings in game_options, since they'll not be loading the change I made to it.
(Think I mentioned before, but the only change I did was setting the fullscreen resolution to 1920x1080)

Edit: Attached my game_options.txt, since it does seem to be the cause of this.

Attachments

• game_options.txt
    1,009 bytes · Views: 80
Back