Unable to log in on PC

Exige

Pirate
Hi, I'm on windows 10, and following the recent update, I am now unable to log in.

The game logs in as normal, then goes to the error saying it was unable to connect, with the options to retry or cancel. This is all normal for me. The only difference is this: After i click the retry button, as usual, the game starts to load, then i get the message that TLOPO is not responding, ultimately leading to me being forced to close the program.

Here are pc specs, maybe the error is related through certain hardware? i7 7700k, GTX 1080, windows 10 home. The other specs shouldn't matter, but I will post them if needed.

Last edited:
Having same probs (use win 10 also), tlopo.exe error every crash now instead of crashing to launcher.

** can move this to crashes thread, I'm able to log in now, play a few minutes, then crash. :p

Attachments

• tlopo-170713_164853 - Copy.log
    30.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
i'm having the same problem, especially after this recent update where after 10 tries of logging in, it crashes each time.

Hi, I'm on windows 10, and following the recent update, I am now unable to log in.

The game logs in as normal, then goes to the error saying it was unable to connect, with the options to retry or cancel. This is all normal for me. The only difference is this: After i click the retry button, as usual, the game starts to load, then i get the message that TLOPO is not responding, ultimately leading to me being forced to close the program.

Here are pc specs, maybe the error is related through certain hardware? i7 7700k, GTX 1080, windows 10 home. The other specs shouldn't matter, but I will post them if needed.
hai i think you're like supposed to email them here support@tlopo.com so they can like fix it
˭̡̞(◞⁎˃ᆺ˂)◞*✰

I believe I have discovered why I am unable to log in. I am aware of the fact that the game is not dumping memory like it should.
On that note, I opened my task manager alongside tlopo, and kept track of the memory it was using. It almost always used 2000 mb before i even logged in, and would then proceed to crash. I believe the reason for this is that I (for whatever reason) decided to create 10 pirates on my account. I am not sure if this causes extra memory to be used, but I believe it is the reason I can never make it past the 2nd loading screen (the screen when you are getting onto the first island).

As an addition to my previous post, I sometimes crash when I am only using 1.5 gb of memory, so maybe my theory is completely false?

Update: I have noticed my game crashes much more often at 1700 mb, and doesn't ever get above it, must have been a fluke.

check your nvidia drivers july windows updates addressed some things that seemed to realy play havoc on drivers I would suggest gong to your system manaufacturer updating all BIOS firmware and drivers and then any additional hardware devices you have and making sure those are current as well

check your nvidia drivers july windows updates addressed some things that seemed to realy play havoc on drivers I would suggest gong to your system manaufacturer updating all BIOS firmware and drivers and then any additional hardware devices you have and making sure those are current as well
Ill do it, but im 90% certain my issue is that i have 10 custom made pirates on my account, which takes more memorie on the loading screen, which makes the game hit max memory before i even log in.

Ill do it, but im 90% certain my issue is that i have 10 custom made pirates on my account, which takes more memorie on the loading screen, which makes the game hit max memory before i even log in.
Same with display, try the low settings with 800x600 see if it helps and work you way up from there. In all the games that I have played at this stage you would never dream to run anything else but minimum settings. The optimization is the last thing that happens, even after launching a game there is still some tweaking to do for first few months.
Also, I would trial and error, make a new account with 1 pirate just to test your theory. If that's the case you have to decide your next step.

Back