Website Unable to visit forums from TLOPO website without creating new tab.

• Thread starter Deleted member 6913
  • Start date

Have you had this problem?

• Yes.

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • No.

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
Yep, I've been experiencing it as well for several months now. When clicking the Forums tab from the TLOPO website, nothing happens.

It automatically creates a new tab for me once I left click forums, try hovering over forums with your cursor and click it with your mouse wheel. This creates said new tab the same way technically but if it still doesn't work then no idea.

The bug is that left-clicking on the Forums button doesn't do anything. You can click the mouse wheel or right click and opt to open it in a new tab, but the intended functionality of opening the Forums with a left click doesn't work. This bug has not been solved as of yet but I appreciate everyone trying to help.

I have done it on Firefox, IE 7, Chrome and Safari on desktop and I don't have any issues. I left click and it automatically opens the forums in a new tab. On my phone using Chrome and Safari as well. Either I am just lucky or this bug is just selective.

I have done it on Firefox, IE 7, Chrome and Safari on desktop and I don't have any issues. I left click and it automatically opens the forums in a new tab. On my phone using Chrome and Safari as well. Either I am just lucky or this bug is just selective.
I've only tried it on Chrome, but it works perfectly fine for me as well. Odd that it's only affecting some users.

I've only tried it on Chrome, but it works perfectly fine for me as well. Odd that it's only affecting some users.
Well it is set to open a new tab when you click it. During inspection there is a command; target= "_blank" on the forums link that is not present on any other links besides the wiki link. I don't know if your website devs made this on purpose or not but that would be why it opens a new tab. If people are having issues with it then 99% of the time it has to do with their browser and not the website.

Well it is set to open a new tab when you click it. During inspection there is a command; target= "_blank" on the forums link that is not present on any other links besides the wiki link. I don't know if your website devs made this on purpose or not but that would be why it opens a new tab. If people are having issues with it then 99% of the time it has to do with their browser and not the website.

Indeed. I stated this earlier in the thread.
Are you talking about the fact that it opens the forums in a new tab when you click on it? That's not a bug; it happens when the target for a hyperlink is set to "_blank".

Here, check this out:
https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_a_target.asp
I would assume you are correct, though. Since only some are experiencing issues, it would seem to be their browsers, and not the site, that are having issues.

Back