Unity

another remake merged into TLOPO... so yeah. Obviously we want to have the community in mind and the goal of bringing back our beloved game, and us especially as we actually want the old characters back and how it was just before it closed as well as new content, and we also want to listen to the community and try to take their ideas too but we deserve to have say in the matter as well. We do have people on our team who have the community at heart and definitely not personal gain but it's like everybody wants the community to control all and they have all the say while we don't really have a part other than making the server...

How do we know you do? Look at who else has said that in the past and what really happened? In any case I'm going to step a way from this be cause quite frankly its clear you're not going to hear out.

Indeed, while something is in development we really shouldn't have a whole dang dedicated community of people just waiting.... and waiting... and waiting... They ought to do something.
Totally agreed, Sparky. As sad as it was when Potco closed, I checked out Lotro that very night and stayed in Middle Earth since then. I didn't want to dwell on the tragedy of Potco closing. Congrats to everyone who was able to move on, and I do encourage others to try Lotro, it's a great place to be. Any of the games mentioned would be good to try out.

The Potco community had a Special Something. It was all of us. It's still here, but some of us moved on to these other places.

Yall come grow with us again! :D #Startingover :sunny:

Totally agreed, Sparky. As sad as it was when Potco closed, I checked out Lotro that very night and stayed in Middle Earth since then. I didn't want to dwell on the tragedy of Potco closing. Congrats to everyone who was able to move on, and I do encourage others to try Lotro, it's a great place to be. Any of the games mentioned would be good to try out.

The Potco community had a Special Something. It was all of us. It's still here, but some of us moved on to these other places.

Yall come grow with us again! :D #Startingover :sunny:

I don't feel like we should trash the idea (with respect to your opinion and no offense) of Reviving POTCO I think we should just keep busy with minimal interaction with the emulation crews. When I say this it should be feedback on the way the community feels the game should be effectively revived and not necessarily a social media site interaction.

I don't feel like we should trash the idea (with respect to your opinion and no offense) of Reviving POTCO I think we should just keep busy with minimal interaction with the emulation crews. When I say this it should be feedback on the way the community feels the game should be effectively revived and not necessarily a social media site interaction.
I totally agree. I did not mean in any way to trash any ideas :D lol. I just was bringing attention to the point you made, that people should continue on. It's all good to me. :D

I had no idea there were so many groups working separately. It definitely would be beneficial to merge them all and compile all of their ideas and progress. Though, it's a lot easier said than done. It can be a big hassle to go rounding up everyone from other sites, especially if they aren't familiar with each other. Merging is the best option as long as the other communities are willing and can come to an accord with each other.

I had no idea there were so many groups working separately. It definitely would be beneficial to merge them all and compile all of their ideas and progress. Though, it's a lot easier said than done. It can be a big hassle to go rounding up everyone from other sites, especially if they aren't familiar with each other. Merging is the best option as long as the other communities are willing and can come to an accord with each other.
If there were any other projects other than TLOPO, yes, they should join up. But there isnt. TLOPO (in my personnel opinion, along with when another remake was a separate project) is the only legitimate project.

POI, now closed, might have been another project, but they only had one programmer, and since he used Java, he would be useless in the TLOPO project, and the rest of the team were 3D artists, and since TLOPO had 24 member, 8 of which are programmers, more artists would be useless.

Then their is POTCO Emu, POE, reminds me of this project. I say that because I have of yet to see any development progress, and they dont have any programmers I know of. In fact, when they first started, they started exactly like the project I mentioned above, asking for programmers.

Then there are projects like BFO, POTGS, and Tales of Myst, which are not aiming to remake PotCO, but are planning to make a new game. And since 2 of them are doing it in Unity, meaning they will be programming in C# and Java, they of course would have no ability to help the development of TLOPO.

The issue is that now its not at all unifying projects-all of which pretty much have at this point-but that some (like myself) don't necessarily take a liking to the approach of the only legitimatized "unified" project which more so-if you ask me-sort of forced the hands of others than unified them. I think unity ought to happen, it is what makes up the word community but it is quite evident in reading the dialogue of this thread that some don't want that form of unification.

Back