Suggestion Unreleased Weapons/Classes

SylentWolf

Sea Legs
If you dig through the wiki, you can find unreleased weapon types and classes, such as Sword: Epee, Rapier, and Scimitar. Boarding Axes are also mentioned as a new class, as well as Fist Fighting. With the addition of these new weapon classes, we could raise the level cap to 70 like they planned to in the original game. Of course this would come after a bunch of code cleanup so that certain players don't crash every five minutes.

I mean one thing I would say about specifically the Rapier is the sabre as is in the game is pretty much the exact same thing as a rapier.
And honestly it shouldnt be... the way you handle a real saber is so much different then how you handle a rapier yet our current saber is using a rapier style striking pattern in terms of fencing The sabers in game are currently looking like and doing what a rapier would do.

A Saber by definition is a large curved cavalry sword that is used by hacking away at the enemy. You would never actually use the point of a saber to run someone through.

v A real example of the saber see the similarity?
latest

I'd love to see a level cap, I've hit level 50 almost 4 times now and honestly it is not that hard, so having a level cap and new weapons would make the game a lot more interesting!

I mean one thing I would say about specifically the Rapier is the sabre as is in the game is pretty much the exact same thing as a rapier.
And honestly it shouldnt be... the way you handle a real saber is so much different then how you handle a rapier yet our current saber is using a rapier style striking pattern in terms of fencing The sabers in game are currently looking like and doing what a rapier would do.

A Saber by definition is a large curved cavalry sword that is used by hacking away at the enemy. You would never actually use the point of a saber to run someone through.

v A real example of the saber see the similarity?
latest
Yes, I know the difference between the two, I used to go to HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts) If they did add in a rapier, I'd expect more thrust oriented attacks like those you see in foil fencing. I'd also love to see a proper remake of the Sabre combo, example:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5w2Mh6CyXo

I would definitely love to see this game worked on and overhauled. Another thing I would love to see is that ship at the character selection screen, if you could mark a ship as your favourite in game, you could see it at the character selection screen in place of that light sloop.

Yes, I know the difference between the two, I used to go to HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts) If they did add in a rapier, I'd expect more thrust oriented attacks like those you see in foil fencing. I'd also love to see a proper remake of the Sabre combo, example:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5w2Mh6CyXo

I would definitely love to see this game worked on and overhauled. Another thing I would love to see is that ship at the character selection screen, if you could mark a ship as your favourite in game, you could see it at the character selection screen in place of that light sloop.

Thats wicked cool, I never officially practiced fencing but I had a girl I used to date in high school whos father used to fence and he would teach me things and we would just kinda mess around in the yard other than that I have just spent my entire life researching weapons, alot of stuff in pirates really kinda... disappointed me back int he day. Like when they came out with the repeater I was like what...

Of course repeaters existed back then but they were not very reliable, they were complicated and pretty closely resembled the operation of a BB Gun also multiple barrel weapons existed but once again were not reliable... They were cool but no person with a brain would actually carry one because they were more bulky than the average rifle or pistol and odd to try and reload in the case that something misses. Why would I bother with all that when I could just carry three pistols?
(Sorry Firearms have always been my main interest.)

Another thing that got me was always the broadsword, granted its all I use but they have it set up so the broadsword can sweep through multiple enemies at the same time.. unfortunately none of it is really what sword fighting is like..
Its why I gained an appreciation for games such as assassins creed where you are actually locking into combat with someone and fighting legitimately.
Can we point out that the broadsword is not just a hacking and slashing weapon... I just have no idea where disney got their fighting styles XD

Unfortunately there is alot more involved in overhauling the way combat works in game, especially with something like swords with pistol all you have to do is raise or lower the rate of loading or change and lower the attack points, in swords you have to completely modify the way the avatar interacts with the weapon and enemy and thats... alot of work.. It would take a team of professional developers and a pretty big budget to accomplish all that in a decent time.

I really love your idea of being able to see your own ship on the character screen.

If you dig through the wiki, you can find unreleased weapon types and classes, such as Sword: Epee, Rapier, and Scimitar. Boarding Axes are also mentioned as a new class, as well as Fist Fighting. With the addition of these new weapon classes, we could raise the level cap to 70 like they planned to in the original game. Of course this would come after a bunch of code cleanup so that certain players don't crash every five minutes.
As well as all of these new sword types, I also noticed tons of new staffs, dolls, pistols, etc. as well as new weapon skills, tons of new clothing (including amazing blue/red ostrich hats), and even new cannon rams and cannon ammo even. I really hope the files for these exist still!

As well as all of these new sword types, I also noticed tons of new staffs, dolls, pistols, etc. as well as new weapon skills, tons of new clothing (including amazing blue/red ostrich hats), and even new cannon rams and cannon ammo even. I really hope the files for these exist still!
Absolutely! That could possibly be one of the most amazing things added to the game after optimizations are mostly finished.
And the Raven's Cove quest, extremely disappointed when I found out it wasn't in game.

That's actually a great suggestion for the team.
It'd add a lot more flavor to the gameplay and player's taste's in weaponry would become more refined.

Should the weapons be added (And I dearly hope they are) I think they should be something like--

Rapiers/Foils - Stacks bleeds and high crit chance, but requires fine timing to get right (like in real life)
Boarding Axes - Very hard hitting but single target
Fists - Focused around stuns and disables
Scimitars - Potentially dual wielded faster but weaker AoE like that of the undead Spanish

Back