UPDATE: CCleaner was Hacked! Update yours NOW!

NoldorNumbwit

Buccaneer
CCleaner hack affects 2.27 million computers -- here's what to do
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/ccleaner-was-hacked-heres-what-to-do-next/

I've been using the program for years. I upgrade/fix friends' & strangers' computers on the side (for donations of food!!!...I believe in the barter system). Using CCleaner is my go-to first fix in most computers...it cleans up a lot of junk. So it is very important to me and others.

TQQdles™

Thank you for keeping us posted. I'll have to check back with my version of CCleaner to ensure my system is safe.

In any case we appreciate the heads up.

Update again, they found another breach that went even deeper than the first. I'd probably just nuke it all together.

Update again, they found another breach that went even deeper than the first. I'd probably just nuke it all together.

Thanks @parattmatt !!! Yeah, I'll keep it updated. Since I'm not working for any government nor secure employer site, I am small fry and not "on the list." If it gets worse, I'll uninstall it and reformat my drives (per the article). My systems needs to be cleaned up once in a while...Raid 0+1 array.

TQQdles™

I heard the second attack was targeted towards larger companies, but I'd still be careful. It seems the first attack was to gather information to sift out the smaller fish, and the second was targeted.

Back