Announcement Update from Facebook

This was about a hour ago in the comment section of the original "few days" post

"This was just a general estimate. We've encountered a few bugs that need fixing, so it's been our focus to patch those up before we launch. More details soon!"
Awesome!! Can't wait!

I really do not like how they worded that. That irritates me so much, its been 8 days which is a day over a week. Why dident they say more than a week. I know they don't have a date yet but one could assume. God, I check back everyday and get more and more impatient and aggravated. You said days, thats not considered a week. I was expecting like 4 days or 7 max. Jesus, please word carefully, and correctly next time. So now im guessing 2 weeks, or another week to go. (I complain a lot I know, please don't say "It's worth the wait dude" or "Stop complaining there trying there hardest" well my expectations are very high now. If they don't meet them im gonna be greatly disappointed. Im so dedicated and so wanting of this game to come back. Holy mother of God, please. I wish they would just release this now, I don't care for testing. Just release it and let the fans test. If somethings wrong its gonna come back to you and will be reported. Please, just release this and let us test. There gonna be errors either way. Why make us wait.

I really do not like how they worded that. That irritates me so much, its been 8 days which is a day over a week. Why dident they say more than a week. I know they don't have a date yet but one could assume. God, I check back everyday and get more and more impatient and aggravated. You said days, thats not considered a week. I was expecting like 4 days or 7 max. Jesus, please word carefully, and correctly next time. So now im guessing 2 weeks, or another week to go. (I complain a lot I know, please don't say "It's worth the wait dude" or "Stop complaining there trying there hardest" well my expectations are very high now. If they don't meet them im gonna be greatly disappointed. Im so dedicated and so wanting of this game to come back. Holy mother of God, please. I wish they would just release this now, I don't care for testing. Just release it and let the fans test. If somethings wrong its gonna come back to you and will be reported. Please, just release this and let us test. There gonna be errors either way. Why make us wait.
I think you may be interested in reading a post that I made in a previous thread. I'll quote it below.

For what it's worth, I see all of what goes on behind the scenes - bug by bug, commit by commit. Let me tell you, the developers make leaps and bounds of progress every day. It may seem like nothing is happening to the average person, but behind the scenes we are extremely productive, taking things piece by piece and ensuring everything is working correctly the first time.

I read a lot of the posts by folks who are tapping their feet impatiently in the downtime megathread. Yes, I can understand that impatience - but look at it this way: you endured 3 years of there being no game. One month is not going to kill you. We've already stated that this was not going to take longer than the Alpha to Beta transition as well (~3 months). The reason why we are not going to disclose an exact date is that things can unexpectedly happen - and if we commit to a date, not only do we pressure ourselves to work in a manner that is not conducive to quality, but if we fail to deliver, folks will be disappointed, angry, and confused. In essence, we are vague in our release times to save the sanity of both parties. It's not that we want to keep any secrets from the community, we just think it to be best for both parties to not have an expected date of release.

I know I and many others have posed the same question in the past, but would you rather we took our time and created a polished product that works and doesn't crash every 5 minutes, or would you rather have the game out faster but in an unplayable, buggy, crashy state? We seem to have folks on both ends of the fence, but the folks who want the game out faster always trip over their words when the point about it being "unplayable, buggy, [and] crashy" that way is brought up.

Another thing I'd like to address (and I've said this before): you are not entitled to play this game. You aren't. Plus, you're not meant to play this game right now. You're a tester and you're meant to work and help us further stabilize and refine the game. Once we are in the live release can you say that you are playing. Additionally, it was gracious of the developers to even consider making this project public. The community could very well not have any access to this project, and we'd just have an internal team of testers making the bug reports. Be grateful for what you are given. I know the vast majority are grateful - and we appreciate that - but it seems like those who cannot understand any of these points yell the loudest.

Thank you to those who have shown their continual support and especially to those who are helping to answer questions and make others informed about the way we do things. We appreciate it a lot!

I hope I was able to shed light on a few points here and I look forward to seeing everyone around in the community and the game.

JFR

I think you may be interested in reading a post that I made in a previous thread. I'll quote it below.

Perfect post! Well said. Be sure to friend me on TLOPO when it reopens. :) I will put one of my pirates into Dark Archives for sure... and I agree with your opinion 100% . The fact that we are getting our game back FOR FREE after all the hard work and many hours that these programmers donated to do this is amazing. How dare anyone complain about any ASPECT of this project. I'm eternally grateful! I only wish I had known enough of the programming to help!

Thanks. It sheds light on there situation which is cool and has cooled me down but we as fans are so excited after 3 years to play this. You have hyped us to a point that we do not want to wait. Where we do not have patients. The impatient part is the disease in the hype we have. That's something they do not understand, they develop the game, they see it, they know it, they play it. We on the other hand sit against a blank wall so excited for it to open again so we can play. Thanks but I also think JFR needs to see our pov more clearer.

Wish you would have responded on that thread when I had tagged you. All I wanted was further clarification. Nothing less, nothing more. (In retrospect, your words mean a lot to me). Also, I wouldn't have tagged you if you had not included such a post - there.

@Cpt Terminux - Out of the both of us, which one of us has a right to complain about not having to play TLOPO yet? Yourself (being that you 'already have' played TLOPO at some point) or myself (being that I haven't stepped foot in the Caribbean since 2013)?

EDIT: I didn't see your most recent post. My apologies.

If I heard correctly, that's just a dream date for Open Beta. (No guarantees, just dreams, as TLOPO doesn't like to give dates). As for the current Semi-Open Beta, we just have to wait "a few more days" as it was stated. I doubt that they would try to pass off a month as "a few more days" ;)
If they wait till when POTC 5 comes out that is only till the end of May which is only a month away, not too much longer to wait, aye??? Either way we are getting our TLOPO back soon!!!!! Thanks DEVS! Thousands of us are very very very grateful!!!!!!!!

Wish you would have responded on that thread when I had tagged you. All I wanted was further clarification. Nothing less, nothing more. (In retrospect, your words mean a lot to me). Also, I wouldn't have tagged you if you had not included such a post - there.

@Cpt Terminux - Out of the both of us, which one of us has a right to complain about not having to play TLOPO yet? Yourself (being that you 'already have' played TLOPO at some point) or myself (being that I haven't stepped foot in the Caribbean since 2013)?

EDIT: I didn't see your most recent post. My apologies.
"myself (being that I haven't stepped foot in the Caribbean since 2013)?" Not trying to be mean, but don't put that on me because it's not fault you choose not to play.

*didn't
*I'm x2
*There is
Looks like someone has a lot of those "errors" in their grammar ;)
Everyone wants to play a perfect game. I don't know if you played Beta or not but we had 2 rollbacks, a lot of lag towards the end as well as other issues which caused everyone to grab their torches and pitchforks. These same people are doing it again for a release and if there are bugs guess what will happen? Oh yea more demands to fix the game.

"myself (being that I haven't stepped foot in the Caribbean since 2013)?" Not trying to be mean, but don't put that on me because it's not fault you choose not to play.
True. But, are you going to let the patience of a Brute like me out-last your own patience? I know you miss the game. I just feel that if someone like me can wait...there shouldn't be any reason why yourself and other pirates can't wait just as well.

Thanks for your post and, hang in there. It shouldn't be too much longer. ;)

*didn't
*I'm x2
*There is
Looks like someone has a lot of those "errors" in their grammar ;)
Everyone wants to play a perfect game. I don't know if you played Beta or not but we had 2 rollbacks, a lot of lag towards the end as well as other issues which caused everyone to grab their torches and pitchforks. These same people are doing it again for a release and if there are bugs guess what will happen? Oh yea more demands to fix the game.
There's going to be bugs either way, and I played alpha & beta. Please do not correct my grammar. Im young in the community and lack knowledge in english. I have all Pre-Ap classes though. Im 13. Im so excited and desperate to play this game I don't care about bugs. By now 90% of bugs have been cleaned up like they said "almost done". There in testing stages to.

There's going to be bugs either way, and I played alpha & beta. Please do not correct my grammar. Im young in the community and lack knowledge in english. I have all Pre-Ap classes though. Im 13. Im so excited and desperate to play this game I don't care about bugs. By now 90% of bugs have been cleaned up like they said "almost done". There in testing stages to.
Apologies, it was meant as a joke :)

I understand the impatience... but getting frustrated and displaying it on the forums won't make it come any faster. It'll just lead to people who have a different point of view, like me, to reply and things may or may not get heated. My suggestion would be to find another game, read a book, find a good TV show or something to occupy your time while you wait :)

True. But, are you going to let the patience of a Brute like me out-last your own patience? I know you miss the game. I just feel that if someone like me can wait...there shouldn't be any reason why yourself and other pirates can't wait just as well.

Shamus, I can't wait for you to see the game back in it's full glory! For me personally it was amazing to play it in the past year even with its lag and glitches so when it reopens it will be amazing for all former POTCO players!

Just out of curiosity @Shamus The Brute , why have you decided not to play TLOPO?

Technically no one has the right to complain since this is a act of charity to our nostalgias to begin with and we should peacefully and respectfully wait regardless of what anyone says. It will be out, in the mean time get some fresh air, play other video games. Walk dogs, Live life to kill time until it does.

In times when we have to wait "longer then expected" its much harder to remember these things but that doesn't make them less true by any means. This is a direct act of charity and they don't HAVE to do this. All other TLOPO private server or remake attempts are junk and this is the only one with legitimate promise and major steps towards it. Never forget this when having to wait this long as you'll easily be reassured its worth the wait.

Technically no one has the right to complain since this is a act of charity to our nostalgias to begin with and we should peacefully and respectfully wait regardless of what anyone says. It will be out, in the mean time get some fresh air, play other video games. Walk dogs, Live life to kill time until it does.

In times when we have to wait "longer then expected" its much harder to remember these things but that doesn't make them less true by any means. This is a direct act of charity and they don't HAVE to do this. All other TLOPO private server or remake attempts are junk and this is the only one with legitimate promise and major steps towards it. Never forget this when having to wait this long as you'll easily be reassured its worth the wait.
Can I like this more than once??? lol.

Assassins Creed Black Flag is another amazing pirate game you can fill your time with until this superior one opens by the way for pirate game fans out there.
cXD6tVr.png

Back